Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
galaxynote4me, Lecture Notes needs another app to be able to import pdfs, called PDFView. My problem is that when I import a pdf using it the text becomes blurred... Are there any workarounds?

My observation is, importing in as US papersize of 26xx by 33xx, the text is nice and sharp. I see some blurriness when imported in at lower size.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My observation is, importing in as US papersize of 26xx by 33xx, the text is nice and sharp. I see some blurriness when imported in at lower size.

So, since I'm not the one making the original pdf, I haven't got much of a choice, right? Then I guess I'll have to keep with adobe reader...

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So, since I'm not the one making the original pdf, I haven't got much of a choice, right? Then I guess I'll have to keep with adobe reader...

If the original is blurred, nothing you can do. Otherwise, what I said, at the time you importing in; you would set the paper size just like when you are creating new note in lecturenote. You can press on question mark on papersize, and select the size I mentioned earlier. Importing in pdf file with that size seems to be nice and sharp to me.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
If the original is blurred, nothing you can do. Otherwise, what I said, at the time you importing in; you would set the paper size just like when you are creating new note in lecturenote. You can press on question mark on papersize, and select the size I mentioned earlier. Importing in pdf file with that size seems to be nice and sharp to me.

The original PDF is perfectly sharp, the text is actually text, and as you zoom in on it in other programs (such as adobe reader), the text gets sharper. When I zoom in on LectureNotes, however, the text becomes blurred, showing that the program didn't import the text as letters, but as an image. I tried following your advice, I didn't see an option of 26xx by 33xx, but I tried inputting high values (first proportional to the suggested ones, and then proportional to the tablet's resolution), and the text would still get blurred when zoomed in.
Does your text stays sharp after zooming?

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The original PDF is perfectly sharp, the text is actually text, and as you zoom in on it in other programs (such as adobe reader), the text gets sharper. When I zoom in on LectureNotes, however, the text becomes blurred, showing that the program didn't import the text as letters, but as an image. I tried following your advice, I didn't see an option of 26xx by 33xx, but I tried inputting high values (first proportional to the suggested ones, and then proportional to the tablet's resolution), and the text would still get blurred when zoomed in.
Does your text stays sharp after zooming?

Here is some comparison.

Original pdf
Snote
LectureNotes

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382325492400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382325492400.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382325521089.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382325521089.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382325569599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382325569599.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 41

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I use it on a Note 3, 8 & 10.1. Vector graphics... Resolution.. I have experienced blurring, it is a pdf thing that shows on occasion regardless of the application.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

davechew1989

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I experience some blurring too, but not to the extent where it is detriment to my work. I think lecturenote app import pdf as images and not as text? ( I am not sure about this)

@galaxynote4me: yea if you are using the lecturenote, you will require a file manage AND pdfview AND make sure u make sure all hints/tips boxes are not popping up. Previously my import was consistently canceled due to the popping up of the hint/tip box. you need to select 'do not show again' for all of those boxes.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I experience some blurring too, but not to the extent where it is detriment to my work. I think lecturenote app import pdf as images and not as text? ( I am not sure about this)
I think so too, which makes any zoomed image blurred. Might also make the file size a lot larger when exporting back to pdf...

@double07#WN
I tried to upload my screenshots, but the forum says the resolution is too high (what a good problem to have :D). Anyway, the problem is only visible when zooming in. I also just noticed that S note has the same problem, though you can't zoom as much there.

davechew1989

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
@gbunch

I didnt notice that in S note actually. When exporting lecturenotes as pdf file, the handwritten text can get quite bad as in the alphabets seemed to be drawn with dotted lines instead of a normal line. I am still not decided which is better :/ but I have already bought the full version of lecturenote. Yesterday, I thought lecturenote was the way to go, but after some importing exporting (the quality of handwritten text is not preserved as well), and now I am with s note. Another factor which caused this change is that s note allows us to preview the notes without any hassle and I really love the fact that I can post the pictures of my textbook as my notebook cover.

Well so far I have not regret the buy of note 10.1 (2014). I use it mainly for academic work.

acadoid

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
@davechew1989, PMdouble07#WN & AMGbuch: When you import PDF into LectureNotes, the PDF file gets converted to LectureNotes' own format. LectureNotes' notebook pages have a finite resolution, and so will the imported material. Hence, importing a PDF file that has been exported by LectureNotes is not a good idea, and it is not necessary either, you can directly copy pages of one notebook to another.

Torque

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Approximately what size files can you reasonably import using s-note or lecture notes? For several of my classes our PDFs for some sections are over 50,000-80,000K with a lot of clinical/necropsy pictures or diagrams. Should I split them up in adobe first? Is there a size limit or risk of freezing/crashing with larger files? 1 more day til the note arrives!...

acadoid

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
@Torque: This should not pose a problem when importing into LectureNotes; I recommend to try to import a single typical page first to see how long it takes.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Being a Lecture Notes user, I work with pdf files hitting more than 50gb without a problem, having yet to having a problem importing anything, from another pdf or a picture.

Via my Note 3

kwakster928

May 28, 2011
Visit site
One of the biggest gripe I have with the S-Note is that I can't seem to find the paper size setting in the app. It appears to me that if you are creating a new note w/o importing .pdf, I can't change the screen size to match the output paper size (say letter). I find it extremely annoying because when I print out a note, I would like to use all the real estate on the paper.

Is there anyway we can set paper size in S-Note?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I work extensively with pdf files. Lecture Notes has never given me a problem.

Via my Note 3

I'll second this. I use PDFs a lot and I've been very happy with Lecture Notes. You need to create a new layer before you start writing/highlighting, but it love it for this purpose. I was very unhappy with S Notes for PDFs. I found my documents were illegible when I tried to move them back to my laptop.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
EzPDF recently got a new option with SPen specific features. Still a bit laggy, but adds a few different pen options and an eraser (though it cannot erase after you submit the edit).

wshirt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Gbuch, how do I setup the S pen options on EzPDF ?
I can't seem to find any settings for the Spen buttons.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01