Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

My note will be here today and i am very excited.... one thing I want to ask is what are the best apps you used to annotate on PDFs ? I just started taking classes again and want to use it to mark up the PDF lecture notes

Thanks

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

My note will be here today and i am very excited.... one thing I want to ask is what are the best apps you used to annotate on PDFs ? I just started taking classes again and want to use it to mark up the PDF lecture notes

Thanks

I just downloaded Skitch yesterday and seems pretty good.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried Lecture Notes today, it seems to make annotations nicely, but it also converted my pdf file on import, transforming the text into images, while lowering the resolution... It seems nice to take notes with it, but not to edit pdf files.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I find the native S-Note to be the best. It occasionally has problems uploading but it wasn't something that couldn't be remedied.

Posted via Android Central App

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I find the native S-Note to be the best. It occasionally has problems uploading but it wasn't something that couldn't be remedied.

Snote is a really good built in app. I like it also. You can pretty much can do everything with it. Lecturenote is slightly better in term of writing speed and it is way more customizable, not that everyone needs to. Both are good note taking app. Samsung did a really great job with GN10 2014.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

galaxynote4me

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to android and the note series so bear with me but how do you open pdfs with snote?

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to android and the note series so bear with me but how do you open pdfs with snote?

Once you are in the snote app, press the menu button (left of the home button). Select import, then my device or where ever your pdf file is. Then select pdf file.

galaxynote4me

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Once you are in the snote app, press the menu button (left of the home button). Select import, then my device or where ever your pdf file is. Then select pdf file.

That's my problem. "Import" is not an option when I press the menu. I have export but not import.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm, that is interesting. I don't remember doing anything special. It is just there. Is anyone else missing the import option? I know lecturenote requires user to install separate pdf viewer app before you can see import option. Just be sure you are at the all notes top level of the snote app. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I hope someone else can charm in.

davechew1989

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

@galaxynote4me: yea you have to ensure that you are at the screen where "all notes" is on the top left hand corner of the screen, then press the icon to the left of the middle button and its the 7th icon.

Hope this helps.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense, I interpreted the signs on top not as the current page, but as a link to go there (i.e., seeing the "All notes" sign would mean that clicking on it would take me to the "All notes" page), it took me a couple of days to try the menu button on what I thought was the "recent notes" screen...:-[

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
galaxynote4me, Lecture Notes needs another app to be able to import pdfs, called PDFView. My problem is that when I import a pdf using it the text becomes blurred... Are there any workarounds?