Adobe Flash

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Flash to work on their Note 10.1? I've downloaded the APK and installed but still can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas??

BKVic

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
got flash working with Dolphin but I always use Firefox and Flash always worked with it before. Any ideas what could be going on??

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You can easily have Flash working by downloading the latest version of the Dolphin Browser from the app store. Once you have Dolphin go to the notes settings>General>Device Administration>Unknown Sources and click the check box. And then download the Flash APK from here:

Download Adobe Flash Player 11 11.1.115.34.apk Android app

Go to your download folder and install Flash by clicking open the APK file.

Then open your Dolphin Browser and tap on the settings button on your note and it will bring up the browsers settings options. Go to Setting>Web content >Flash Player and set your player accordingly. Go try one of your favorite sites that use Flash and I think you will find it works just fine.

Kevin

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I missed seeing that you got it working on Dolphin. I have not used Firefox in a long time but is there a settings option to turn on the Dolphin plugin?

Maybe my instructions will help other users. Personally I like Dolphin. It does page rendering very well when compared to other browsers I have tried.

Kevin

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is a setting in Dolphin to activate the flash plug in. I just tried to get flash to work on my GS3 with Firefox with no luck. Wondering if they disabled flash in a past update. It's been awhile since i watched Amazon Prime VOD on my GS3 so it possible flash support has been gone in Firefox for awhile and i just didn't notice. Anyway I'll give Dolphin a try and it may just become my standard browser if all goes well.

BKVic

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I managed to use it on firefox on my new note yesterday. Though I also have an S3, I've never tried to install flash there, so I can't talk about similarities/differences.
Whenever I try to start a flash session in firefox, I get a warning asking me wether I want to use the plug-in, or something like that...

johndo#AC

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this will help, Firefox and dolphin, set the setting request desktop to on. For me flash started working.

Posted via Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the note 10.1 yet but on my browser of my phone and tablet, I went into Settings > Advance and "Enable Plug-ins" and put it to "On-demand".

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My issue isn't getting out to work but the smoothest option. Flash is getting choppier for some reason.

Posted via Android Central App

Beth524

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem, in Firefox, go into settings>content and then select plugins - instead of tap to play (default setting) select enabled.

this solved the problem for me

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have flash installed in combination with Next Browser which I have set to on demand works fine every time.

Sent from my 2014 Note 10.1

Torque

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
l had trouble and 1 tried all the suggestions. l got YouTube and embedded flash working right away but could nt Watch my amazon videos on Dolphin , Firefox, chrome, or Stock. l finally found the following link that has the actual supported version of Adobe (my issue had been 1 could/L but not install it from Adobe Website) so if that's anyone's issue just download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5dmhr2p9wh0ss7/Adobe_Flash_Player_11_11.1.115.20.apk

at this point l have flash on Stock browser and Dolphin but not Mozilla even though I have it enabled and set as desktop View on all. so I can watch anything, just not on Mozilla

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
l had trouble and 1 tried all the suggestions. l got YouTube and embedded flash working right away but could nt Watch my amazon videos on Dolphin , Firefox, chrome, or Stock. l finally found the following link that has the actual supported version of Adobe (my issue had been 1 could/L but not install it from Adobe Website) so if that's anyone's issue just download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5dmhr2p9wh0ss7/Adobe_Flash_Player_11_11.1.115.20.apk

at this point l have flash on Stock browser and Dolphin but not Mozilla even though I have it enabled and set as desktop View on all. so I can watch anything, just not on Mozilla

Thank you so much!! I am an Amazon Prime member and because of your post I can access my movies again on the tablet. :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

GCOXUSA

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for 2014. I was rather surprised to discover I could not play flash content. That was one reason why I avoided Apple. In any case, this is really stupid. It's like I've gone back in time to Internet 1.0. I installed Flash from the dropbox link, and I installed the Dolphin browser – but it will not allow me to enable Flash. I get some message about it not being supported. Perhaps I'll try Firefox next time. Sheesh!

sammiegrl

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I am soooo happy I got it to play my Amazon Prime movies on my Samsung Tab 10.1 2014 edition by installing Dolphin and ONLY when I downloaded the Adobe Flash from the link provided above and setting Dolphin to Desktop! That was the only way I could get it to work! The only concern I have is the HD streaming movies appear somewhat choppy. Does anyone know if another browser can make the movies appear clearer?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am soooo happy I got it to play my Amazon Prime movies on my Samsung Tab 10.1 2014 edition by installing Dolphin and ONLY when I downloaded the Adobe Flash from the link provided above and setting Dolphin to Desktop! That was the only way I could get it to work! The only concern I have is the HD streaming movies appear somewhat choppy. Does anyone know if another browser can make the movies appear clearer?

I've gotten much better results for flash content with Firefox browser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34