Other stylus on Note 2014?

johndo#AC

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So on Google+ I saw a video of a guy demonstrating that the Surface Pro 2 Stylus works on a Note and the other way around. He didn't say which Note and I'm not verse on what the Notes look like but can anyone confirm the Surface Pro Stylus works on the Note 2014? Also I can't find a link to the video. I maybe get that stylus for easier drawing.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see the video, but this thread confirms it's working on the ATIV. Now, since both the S-Pen and the Surface's stylus are powered by Wacom technology, they SHOULD work between tablets (albeit not perfectly if it's not specifically designed for said tablet). But still, good to know. As to why the Surface's stylus would be better than the S-Pen is what I don't get. They look roughly the same to me.

Useless fact Surface Pro Stylus works on the Samsung ATIV - Windows Phone Central Forums

rick1574

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a bigger stylus that works with the GN10.1? I do 2-3 hours of writing at a time and it's tough using the small one that it comes with.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's gonna be a tough one. Since the Note uses Wacom technology for the stylus, any 3rd-party accessories should come either directly from Wacom (not likely) or from another manufacturer that has licensed Wacom's tech for their own products (not so unlikely, but not so common).

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a bigger stylus that works with the GN10.1? I do 2-3 hours of writing at a time and it's tough using the small one that it comes with.

Take a look at this,

Genuine Samsung Galaxy Note Stylus Pen and Holder - ET-S110E :: MobileFun.com

Samsung made a bigger one for the note, I have one where you just turn it over to erase, it's the one in the link below, not that much bigger though, but it is bigger, it won't slide in the note, the first link looks much more like a standard size "bigger" pen.

Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen with Eraser - Black ET-S200EBEGSTA

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Take a look at this,

Genuine Samsung Galaxy Note Stylus Pen and Holder - ET-S110E :: MobileFun.com

Samsung made a bigger one for the note, I have one where you just turn it over to erase, it's the one in the link below, not that much bigger though, but it is bigger, it won't slide in the note, the first link looks much more like a standard size "bigger" pen.

Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen with Eraser - Black ET-S200EBEGSTA

I have both of these and can confirm both work beautifully with full functionality. The one in the first link is larger and mimics the feel and weight of a full size quality pen. The second is smaller and lighter but still about the size of a disposable pen and significantly larger than the included S-Pen that fits inside the Note 10.1.

I also picked up a Surface Pro 2 today to try it out (and it's going back tomorrow..device with an identity crisis) and can confirm its stylus works fully with the Note 10.1 and vice versa. I've included a photo of all of the styli for comparison (from top to bottom: original Note 10.1 stylus, S-Pen with eraser (second link above), Stylus Pen and holder (first link above), Surface Pro 2 stylus). Also note that while the Surface Pro 2 stylus looks largest, it's only due to the photo's perspective (couldn't do directly overhead as the only lighting in this room is from directly overhead) and it's actually the same length as the stylus directly above it and a bit thinner.

If you are looking to pick up either of the alternative S-Pens in the links, look at either Amazon or eBay as they're significantly cheaper.

Attachments

• 2013-10-24 20.58.38.jpg
    2013-10-24 20.58.38.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 127

johndo#AC

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the photo! I'm needing a thicker pen to handle for drawing so the alternatives look great.

Also, what type of tip does the thicker stylus have? I'm looking for one that is more slicker since the 2014 pen just have too much friction.

ChrisNee1988

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I have both of these and can confirm both work beautifully with full functionality. The one in the first link is larger and mimics the feel and weight of a full size quality pen. The second is smaller and lighter but still about the size of a disposable pen and significantly larger than the included S-Pen that fits inside the Note 10.1.

I also picked up a Surface Pro 2 today to try it out (and it's going back tomorrow..device with an identity crisis) and can confirm its stylus works fully with the Note 10.1 and vice versa. I've included a photo of all of the styli for comparison (from top to bottom: original Note 10.1 stylus, S-Pen with eraser (second link above), Stylus Pen and holder (first link above), Surface Pro 2 stylus). Also note that while the Surface Pro 2 stylus looks largest, it's only due to the photo's perspective (couldn't do directly overhead as the only lighting in this room is from directly overhead) and it's actually the same length as the stylus directly above it and a bit thinner.

If you are looking to pick up either of the alternative S-Pens in the links, look at either Amazon or eBay as they're significantly cheaper.

I have a slight offset when using the surface pen at an angle, do the other ones have that?

rick1574

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a slight offset when using the surface pen at an angle, do the other ones have that?

I just picked up the surface pen and have the same angle "offset" issue. It takes some time to adjust, but overall I'd rather deal with that then writing with the tiny S-Pen for hours at a time.

Another perk is the fact the opposite side of the pen works as an actual eraser.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Bamboo Feel on the old Note and now this one.

Only con is that it doesn't have an eraser. Aside from that, I love it.

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Cody Spradlin

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The bamboo FEEL DOES NOT work with 10.1 2014 edition

Don't see how, plenty of users on XDA have used it to some effect or another, even if some of them have had offsets from 1mm to 5mm. Odd part is, some of them didn't have offsets. Bear in mind, there are two actual versions of the Bamboo Feel. The v1 and v2. v2 seems to work fine. All things considered, the WACOM pens will pretty much always be detected by the WACOM digitizers, even if the offsets can be completely unacceptable for real use.

sevenandrew

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
When cutting the nibs, you can archive a lot more accuracy - I'm able to draw with it now!
The upper one is the original samsung s-pen and the lower one the bamboo stylus feel for galaxy note!

IMG_00000092.jpg

dball4457

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to reply to an old thread:

The 2nd from top in pic (Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen with Eraser) works well with the 2014 Ed, including the eraser, air command, etc.? I just got the VZW model SM-P605V, and love it, but the stylus gets hard to write with all day. Samsung has no idea if they are compatible or not.

Did you have to do anything special to 'sync' it with the Tab?

Thanks for the help.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I picked up Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel CS300UKSP the other day at my local Best Buy Store. It is definitely larger than included S Pen. It doesn't even an eraser function. Works nice with S Note and Lecture Notes. However A View and A Command doesn't work. The case I bought for the tablet does not allow for me to easily take out the regular S Pen unless I remove the tablet. With the Bamboo Stylus I can keep it my pocket like a regular pen and pull it out when I need it. It came with 3 nibs including one already in the pen. At the Wacom website you can buy extra nibs for the pen at $4.95 U.S. It feels a little like a fountain pen as you can put the cap on it with a clip. More expensive then many of the S pens at Amazon but it least it works out of the box.

Vernon Bailey

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
For simply selecting things I use a stylus marked sty-HD. About 4 inches long, 5/16 in diameter with a rounded rubber tip. Cheap and comes in a package of 9 stylii. I get a fast, positive reaction.

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I picked up Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel CS300UKSP the other day at my local Best Buy Store. It is definitely larger than included S Pen. It doesn't even an eraser function. Works nice with S Note and Lecture Notes. However A View and A Command doesn't work. The case I bought for the tablet does not allow for me to easily take out the regular S Pen unless I remove the tablet. With the Bamboo Stylus I can keep it my pocket like a regular pen and pull it out when I need it. It came with 3 nibs including one already in the pen. At the Wacom website you can buy extra nibs for the pen at $4.95 U.S. It feels a little like a fountain pen as you can put the cap on it with a clip. More expensive then many of the S pens at Amazon but it least it works out of the box.

I'm glad yours works, but as a caution to others this model number (CS300UK) is made for the original Note 10.1. A lot of people have had issues with the stylus being offset from where your tip registers on the screen. Check out Google/Amazon on the CS300UK for the comments.

The correct model number for the 2014 version is CS300UK2.

Just a heads up in case anyone else is looking for a stylus for the new 10.1.

CS300UK: https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/CS300UK?
CS300UK2: https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/CS300UK2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463