Keyboard Cover to fit " 2014 Edition " of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to find a keyboard cover that specifically says it works with the 2014 edition of Galaxy Note 10.1.

Has anyone had luck finding something like this for the 2014 Edition Note 10.1? Any on the horizon?

(Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for 10.1-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3)
Amazon.com: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for 10.1-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (920-005803): Computers & Accessories

413BeLQnF7L.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Yes, the thinness and style of the one I posted makes a big difference to some people. The thinness matters when carrying it along with other items all day. Also the way the tablet comes forward to lock into upright position means it fits better on airplane tray tables. That one you posted is nice, but is not as compact when open or closed as the other style.

Kind of wishing I did more research before getting the 2014 version. At least I didn't make the mistake of buying the one I linked to, I nearly bought it and noticed last minute it says "Tab" rather than Note. I was going off of the speakers being on the sides of the tablet which the 2014 version has so I thought I had the right one.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Logitech makes some great gear. ...but there's got to be a big enough market for them to want to dip their toes. I think the '14 Note 10.1 would have to gain a bit more traction before they'd produce a case like that for it.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a spare Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad (both Bluetooth devices) laying around, so I just paired both of them to my 10.1 as a test. Pretty darn cool!! The trackpad is especially neat because it acts as a mouse... you get a cursor you can move around and click on stuff just as if you were tapping on it. I think the better choice might be one of those super-tiny travel mice, but then again, one of those wouldn't work on a picnic table in the woods, whereas the trackpad would.

Now I want one of those keyboard cases too. Come on, Logitech! :)

Rob

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a spare Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad (both Bluetooth devices) laying around, so I just paired both of them to my 10.1 as a test. Pretty darn cool!! The trackpad is especially neat because it acts as a mouse... you get a cursor you can move around and click on stuff just as if you were tapping on it. I think the better choice might be one of those super-tiny travel mice, but then again, one of those wouldn't work on a picnic table in the woods, whereas the trackpad would.

Rob
I remember how surprised and happy was when I found out how well bluetooth mice and keyboards work with all my android gizmos. You really can turn your android device into a great netbook-type tools with these.

Derrick Ray

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll tell you what I'd be interested in is something that would allow you to use the Note in the keyboard case / stand fashion while being plugged in. Placement of the port on this makes that rather difficult. It was easy with my iPad because I pretty much always used it in landscape mode so the port was on the side versus the bottom

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Three 10.1 Galaxies, Three totally different sizes. I was hoping one would be close enough to hack a little and make it work but it's not.
Measurements for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - 9.69 x 6.71 x 0.43 inches (246.2 x 170.4 x 10.9 mm)
Measurements for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - 10.31 x 7.09 x 0.35 inches (262 x 180 x 8.9 mm)
Measurements for Samsung Note 10.1 2014 - 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31 inches (243.1 x 171.4 x 7.9 mm)

Why on earth wouldn't Samsung try to standardize their sizing to make it easier for accessory manufacturers to make products for them? This makes the Ipad more attractive from an accessory availability standpoint.

And while I'm complaining, the decision to call it the Note 10.1 2014 edition is stupid. If it succeeds into 2015 no one will want it something with last year's date on it. It also causes confusion for people buying things for it as they don't know whether to get the Note 10.1 or Note 10.1 2014 edition. Stupid, they should have called it the Note 10, then Note 10 gen2 or similar. Samsung could use some marketing help from Apple.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
While there's no keyboard included I'm really looking forward to receiving this for my '14 Note 10.1:

Capture.PNG

Ships on 11-5. Yea.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    244.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Wedge.PNG
    Wedge.PNG
    97.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

rick1574

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Rob

so what you're saying is if I picked up something like this...

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad: Electronics

the trackpad would work?

ogrfnkl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Logitech k920 for my Note 10.1(2014)...it works really fine...just lving it :).. it's great !!!

Wow, that sounds like GREAT news, but how did you make the case work with the Note 2014? It is about 5mm smaller than Tab 3 height-wise, and I can tell very clearly from the pictures on the Logitech site that the Tab 3 snaps into the cover both at the top AND at the bottom... Would you please post a picture of your final setup with the Note 2014? Thanks!

mugenakuma

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

Rob

Hey RobG, which Apple keyboard do you have? Also was there anything special you tweaked to get it to work? Had any issues with its connection? I have one little aluminum thin Apple Bluetooth keyboard that will connect with my 10.1 2014 Note but it constantly disconnects and reconnects.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey RobG, which Apple keyboard do you have? Also was there anything special you tweaked to get it to work? Had any issues with its connection? I have one little aluminum thin Apple Bluetooth keyboard that will connect with my 10.1 2014 Note but it constantly disconnects and reconnects.

Unfortunately, not a problem unique to yourself. A few others in this forum, myself included, had the same problem and I believe there's a thread over at XDA discussing the problem. It appears to be a software related issue so hopefully it can be resolved soon. I had the same problem on two difference keyboards that I tried, one being an Apple wireless keyboard, the other from Logitech.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I decided on this:

Capture.PNG

I love that it actually a great keyboard for typing and converts to a tablet stand to support whatever I'm using it for. The only issue I seem to have with all bluetooth keyboards is that after a few minutes the tablet renders extra characters. If I were to simply type "character" I'll end up with "charrrrrrrrrracter" and spend time backspacing and correcting. It happens with 3 different keyboards so I think its on the tablet end. It doesn't happen enough to make a unusable its just an annoyance.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I read in another thread about all those extra characters when typing but don't recall which one they were referring to. That would be very annoying! I bought the Microsoft Wedge you pictured earlier in the thread. What made you decide on the Logitech over that one? I am not used to typing from a (flat) laptop keyboard at all. The Microsoft looked to be raised higher than this Logitech. The cover works great as a stand and the keyboard is nice and small but felt perfect for typing. I haven't had the chance to use it more than one email but I didn't get those extra characters when typing! I now need to get the mouse for it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I read in another thread about all those extra characters when typing but don't recall which one they were referring to. That would be very annoying! I bought the Microsoft Wedge you pictured earlier in the thread. What made you decide on the Logitech over that one? I am not used to typing from a (flat) laptop keyboard at all. The Microsoft looked to be raised higher than this Logitech. The cover works great as a stand and the keyboard is nice and small but felt perfect for typing. I haven't had the chance to use it more than one email but I didn't get those extra characters when typing! I now need to get the mouse for it.

I love Logitech gear, that's why I selected that one.

Note 8.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar