I would like to take handwritten notes directly into Microsoft Onenote, but I can't afford a Surface Pro.

If I use the Galaxy Note to remote desktop into a PC running Onenote, will the handwriting experience be the same as using S-Note?

Has anyone tried doing this with their Galaxy?
    10-30-2013 05:25 PM
    I haven't tried the new Microsoft RD app yet, to do remote as you suggest, but I have been using the OneNote app extensively on both the Note 3 and the Note 10.1 2014 and it works fabulously. I had the same question and it was the tipping point for picking up the tablet . I'm now paperless at the office.

Cheers,

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2013 11:26 PM
    I am like THISCLOSE to ordering the Note. At this point, it is inevitable -- the 12.2" would be awesome, but I'm starting to think it will be too heavy to be worth it, and the lower ppi isn't going to help. The Nexus 10 refresh will lack an SD card slot. And the new Transfomer Prime will be almost exactly the same size and weight as the TF201 I have, and I feel like my next tablet needs to be lighter and smaller.

Anyway... if anyone verify how much the SPen can be used for Remote Desktop, it would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, if the pen can be used to click and right click, click and drag, and etc.

To be honest, this will only make the difference between ordering it today or ordering it next week, but I'd like to know right now.
    10-31-2013 01:55 PM
    I tried it quickly yesterday. you have to manually tell OneNote to use a pen, because it will think that you have a mouse, but it worked surprisingly well. I could ink very well on a OneNote page, without any lag.This will depend on your network connection of course. I was at work, remotely logged into a virtual machine on the same local network

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 09:24 PM
    dafuse: Which application did you use for RemoteDesktop? I have used standard free SplashTop with OneNote. There were few problems with it. Firstly whenever I press the pen too long it recognise it as a mouse click and you can not turn off this behaviour. Secondly the move was only recognize correctly for straight lines. I have the problem to draw o,a and so on.
    02-04-2014 10:38 AM
    Using the MS Remote Desktop app, I have found with the S pen I can't 'right click', you're supposed to just press down and hold.. Using my finger, it works fine...
    02-04-2014 10:56 AM
    I love using the ms remote desktop app, great experience. I was previously issued rdp.lite. Using s-pen very satisfying for all I do remote. I did find as mentioned, a "right-click" had to be done with a finger. But other than that it's a great app. Also copy/paste works between the remote session and the tablet.
    02-04-2014 09:47 PM
    Because of the SPen, Microsoft Remote Desktop is the best RDP app you can use. HOWEVER, I wish MS could come up with a better way to trigger right click than long press because it's very hinky. Sometime it works, and sometimes it stops too quickly and just left clicks. Other times, for reasons I can't figure out, the long press doesn't work and instead acts like a back button.

What would be better is if you could tap and hold then tap a second finger to activate the right click. Either that or shorten the time it takes to register a right click. Right now, it takes 2 seconds, and that's too long.
    02-05-2014 01:39 PM
    There is one RDP app besides MS RDP which support S-pen, it's "aRDP: Secure RDP Client" available on google playstore for free. In my view, this app works far better than MS RDP
    10-26-2016 09:26 PM
    I tried this Drawing pad via RDP - USB Network Gate and it works for Galaxy in Remote Desktop.
    12-20-2016 08:49 AM