Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) College Student considering note 10.1

ewgrosschris

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I've been greatly considering an 10.1 for college, I know there are a few people that use S - Note for this. I'm not really looking at dropping $1000 bucks on a surface pro.

That being said, Is there a difference in the S-Note apps on the 10.1 and the 10.1(2014)? I feel like I've seen different versions.

Also is there anyway to have the page to take up the whole screen in portrait mode? I've demo'd the unit at bestbuy, and it seems when I turn it to portrait mode it just keeps the paper in landscape but just smaller.

I just want to be able to organize 3-4 subjects buy name, and take notes/upload PDF's into those documents. So I can have everything saved under one notebook for a class. Being able to write equations wouldn't hurt either (engineering student)

snguyen10

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I start pharmacy school next semester. I'm afraid of lag while annotating large pdf and power point files. I've looked into the Surface Pro 2 and One Note and it seems like its exactly what I need, but i'd also rather not spend $1000+.

Anyone got any input?

geekagaa

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am a graduate business student and I'm using samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 Edition for about a month. In my opinion S note application is inefficient, slow and buggy. I tried to learn and use it for about 10 days but I gave up. As an alternative, I have installed a third party app "lecture note" in which I have about 12 notebooks for different courses. I can orientate page in both landscape and portrait modes and it works awesome in both ways. Handwriting experience is as good as you are writing on a paper. Additionally you have cut, copy, paste, undo, redo, erase and other essential text editing options. You can also import screenshots, images from gallary, graphs or anything important to you on your lecture note page.
For me, as a student, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is the best investment. Please remember that Samsung Galaxy provides you more control and flexibility to use your device productively but unlike ios it requires some patience and persistence to learn.
Note: I returned an ipad to purchase this tablet, I am happy with my decision.

Posted via Android Central App

geekagaa

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
A difference between old s note and new s note is that they have changed menu items and placement of different tools.

geekagaa

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can import PDF files and you can edit (annotate) them later in s note. You may find s note a little slow and buggy, so I'm using a more efficient alternative which is "lecturenote".

geekagaa

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
S note got really slow when I have imported a 600 pages pdf file. To solve this issue I have divided that PDF file into different chapters of the book and now it is working flawlessly.
Another good tool for annotation and note-taking is ezPDF. I use that whenever I'm reading a research paper.

Action_B

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm in physical therapy school and I find S-note to be awesome for lab classes because you can easily record audio, snap photos and write notes. I'm an awful note taker, my Note 3 helps me take the best notes I have ever taken.

bgrossm1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can import PDF files and you can edit (annotate) them later in s note. You may find s note a little slow and buggy, so I'm using a more efficient alternative which is "lecturenote".

Can youdescribe the procedure you use to get PDFs into S-Note or Lecture Notes. I do not see an "Insert" option for PDFs in S-Note. I haven't looked at Lecture Notes yet.
Thanks

cwy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Also is there anyway to have the page to take up the whole screen in portrait mode? I've demo'd the unit at bestbuy, and it seems when I turn it to portrait mode it just keeps the paper in landscape but just smaller.

You can zoom in to make it bigger, or you choose a portrait template when you create a note. But you can't change a landscape note to portrait or vice versa after you created it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci