does the google play $25 credit expire?

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the $25 credit from Samsung website and the declaimer says offer ends in December. Does that also mean my credit will expire if I do not use it by then?

Getting conflicting answers on
google search.

Also this credit, can it go towards devices?

Posted via Android Central App

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the Samsung credit?

And, I haven't gotten my Google Play credit; I did get the Dropbox space though. Who should I contact about that stuff?

Rob

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I now have a $25 Google Play credit I didn't know I was entitled to. There's also a 3 month Hulu Plus membership to take advantage of as well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to take advantage of the Dropbox promo, but it turns out that if you've used it in the past (Note 2), your account cannot use it again ??'

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see it in this thread, so for all you new Note owners, here's the Rewards link:

SAMSUNG

You have 90 days from purchase to register for the rewards. Once you activate the Google Play credits, they do not expire from your Play account. The Samsung ones do expire, but then again, I haven't found a single thing to use them for. Also, they annoyingly want you to register your credit card with them before you can use the credits. NO THANKS.

The Google Play credits can only be used for apps. You specifically cannot use them for hardware.

gamul1

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see it in this thread, so for all you new Note owners, here's the Rewards link:

SAMSUNG

You have 90 days from purchase to register for the rewards. Once you activate the Google Play credits, they do not expire from your Play account. The Samsung ones do expire, but then again, I haven't found a single thing to use them for. Also, they annoyingly want you to register your credit card with them before you can use the credits. NO THANKS.

The Google Play credits can only be used for apps. You specifically cannot use them for hardware.

I was told in an email that both the Google Play and Samsung credits expire after 60 days. Well, they very clearly said the Samsung credit expired after 60 and implied the Google Play did too. they said the documentation was incorrect and they were in the process of fixing it.

I called because I did not know they expired and I preregistered my tablets ahead of Christmas. After registering the Samsung credit it told me it expired on January 14th. This was not inline with the doc, and I also wanted to know if it could be reset back to Christmas seeing they did not make it clear up front it expired. They basically said to go pound sand.

So - we will have 21 days to figure out what we want from the Hub at least.

Glenn

Striker101960

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

SAMSUNG

I didn't want tor register my card either but figure I will use the credit then remove the card. Ya can send me your code I will use it LOL

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's clear the Samsung Hub credit expires. But if there's any expiration with the Google Play credit, I would have gotten something from Google about it. Also, it all rolled in with all my other credits, so I don't even know how Samsung would be able to yank it back since it's not segregated from everything else.

Last edited:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I broke down and entered my credit card info to redeem the $50 credit. I spent almost two hours browsing the site and came up with this:

Anatronica Pro - 3D Anatomy
The Room - Game

I also bought Flashlight HD Pro, just to support the developer since I've been using the free version for years. I also bought a couple of kids games for my daughters, but I don't really want them playing with my Note. I was desperate.

Did anyone else find anything interesting? A lot of the stuff I would buy links to the Play Store. I still have $40 left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza