KitKat update

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Samsung always a bit behind, my guess based on past performance would be early next year.
I have just as I type got the 4.3 upgrade for my S4, so maybe that gives you an idea.
But don't be put off a fantastic tablet by the lack of chocolate.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no clear must-have feature in Kit Kat that should sway you on getting the Note 10.1. TRIM support in 4.3 is a way bigger feature than anything in 4.4. The big non-cosmetic feature in 4.4 is ART, but that's experimental at this point.

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You will def get kitkat at some point. It will take a while but when you get it, it will probably also come with a touchwhiz upgrade too. So you get extra goodies.

Posted via Android Central App

Jeffrey622

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to invest in my first tablet, and the GN 10.1 2014 32G unit seems to be the clear winner HOWEVER, I am very concerned about the "slow-lag" or "hesitation" during screen change (I experienced this myself at Best Buy) and now- new reports of "freezing up" (see below). Will 4.4-KitKat upgrade eliminate these issues?, or is does the fix lie elsewhere?

Really concerned, please comment- thank you.

see article: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2 crashing, freezing issues | Product Reviews Net

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the update to KitKat will do any good to the (IMHO overrated) lag complains. The lag comes from TouchWiz, a piece of software so bloated with features that is almost every single time, slow and yes, laggy to the picky. However, the beauty of Android is that you don't have to settle for a could-be-better piece of software, so if the lag is a concern, you should use a different launcher (most prefer Nova) and problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21