Nice, functional case for Note 10.1 2014

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone? I really hope Speck releases a cover for the Note :( It really annoys me having the Home button upside down when using it in Keyboard mode with the current cases. I know, the button layout on this is awful (inverted volume rocker? REALLY SAMSUNG??!!), but still, with a cover like the Speck one, this wouldn't be an issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that one but I'm not sure it can be used in 'keyboard' mode... and it lacks the true multi-angle for the stand mode, which is why I thought the Speck one was great because it has both hehe (keyboard mode, and about 4 different angle positions for stand). If the Speck one added a 360? rotating base, it would be perfect :) I guess it's just a matter of time before they start coming out, hopefully.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that one but I'm not sure it can be used in 'keyboard' mode... and it lacks the true multi-angle for the stand mode, which is why I thought the Speck one was great because it has both hehe (keyboard mode, and about 4 different angle positions for stand). If the Speck one added a 360? rotating base, it would be perfect :) I guess it's just a matter of time before they start coming out, hopefully.

Not sure if you looked at all the images, but it has a keyboard mode pictured. At this price, and all the positive ratings, it seems like a great choice.. And then you can keep your eye out for something else if need be

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right!! How did I miss that? Haha but still, see that Home button on top? THAT'S what driving me nuts (OK, I may be overreacting hehe but it's still annoying). And that's the way it is on all cases I've looked at. If they have keyboard mode, then they only have one stand angle and the home button is on top when on keyboard. If they have multiple angles on stand or a 360? rotating base, then they don't have keyboard mode.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're right!! How did I miss that? Haha but still, see that Home button on top? THAT'S what driving me nuts (OK, I may be overreacting hehe but it's still annoying). And that's the way it is on all cases I've looked at. If they have keyboard mode, then they only have one stand angle and the home button is on top when on keyboard. If they have multiple angles on stand or a 360? rotating base, then they don't have keyboard mode.

Isn't that what you'd want though, if the case is in keyboard mode? Seems like if it were at the bottom, your palms and fingers might be hitting the center button, menu and back. Would be annoying

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Good point, I hadn't thought about that... Right now what annoys me is that the button is upside down and the back and menu buttons are 'on the wrong side' :p But yeah, if they were on the bottom I might hit it all the time... Why didn't they just place the button on the sides?! ?? I'll try simulating the button on the bottom and see what happens... Thanks for that, I hadn't really seen it that way!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Good point, I hadn't thought about that... Right now what annoys me is that the button is upside down and the back and menu buttons are 'on the wrong side' :p But yeah, if they were on the bottom I might hit it all the time... Why didn't they just place the button on the sides?! ?? I'll try simulating the button on the bottom and see what happens... Thanks for that, I hadn't really seen it that way!

My case came in, and I've been using it for a day. Wow, what a great case. Very functional, yet well made. This feels like a $75 case. For your own sanity, I think you need to get over there being a right side up for these tablets. Put a piece of tape over the Samsung logo of you have to. Just remember the tablet can work in any orientation, so just chill and enjoy everything this case lets you do

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same and guess what? There are apps and games that won't rotate both ways! I know, that's a lousy implementation from the devs but still. Anywho, I don't hate having the button upside down, it's just an annoyance to my repressed OCDfreak hehe

JohnLyon33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Apologies for hijacking this query but I too have a case-related query - does anyone know when the official book cover case will become more widely available?

I have only seen on the US Samsung site (I live in the UK) and have failed to find it at any other retailers. Any reason for not releasing the two products together???

J

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Apologies for hijacking this query but I too have a case-related query - does anyone know when the official book cover case will become more widely available?

I have only seen on the US Samsung site (I live in the UK) and have failed to find it at any other retailers. Any reason for not releasing the two products together???

J

I'm not sure about that, but having seen and touched the case you're wanting, I can tell you it is very expensive and doesn't provide much protection. This case I just bought from Amazon really is nice and functional. Maybe you can get the case I've got, and then you'll either find it is everything you could ever want, or it'll tide you over until the other case becomes more available.

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure all that you're looking for but the Belkin one I got is basic, seems to provide adequate protection and does what I want it to do quite well. At a very reasonable price.

Jeffrey622

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Misterb- great to hear your case works!, thanks for the review.

I ordered the identical case from Amazon (different color) and it arrived last week. Great feel to it, especially when compared to cases I looked/ touched/ felt at retail stores. Now all I need is the 10.1-2014-- still waiting for Black Friday sale-- LOL!

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

mcnee

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
This is the one I think I'm going to get...

Amazon.com: MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10 2014 Edition Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet, INDIGO (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

Just picked up a Note last Friday after my iPad was stolen last week. I'd been wanting to move to an Android tablet for awhile, but was going to wait a bit longer... oh well. Love the Note so far... had an iPad 2 and I was more than happy with the screen, but wow, the screen on this one.... kinda blew me away.

I do admit, my choice of this case is because it does remind me of the smart case I had with the iPad, very minimal in how it connects... am hoping it stays on nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid