Comic books - closest thing to the printed page

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Among the dozen things the Note does exceptionally well, the one thing that stands out for me is displaying comic books. Only the Nexus 10 rivals the Note for reproduction, but then again, the Note is lighter and more compact. Because it's closer on aspect ratio to the comic book page, the images are larger than you get on the iPad Air, and even though the resolution of the pages are lower than the screen itself, the higher ppi results in less scaling artifacts. Even if you can't see the difference in detail, larger is larger no matter how you slice it. You can comfortably read many comics in double page landscape mode because the ppi is so high.

I have been using Comic Rack Free for years now. I've tried just about every Android comic reader, and Comic Rack has the smoothest page turning transitions. It goes instantaneously to the next page every time, a feat I could not replicate with other apps. I finally splurged and bought the full version for $8 due to the $25 credit from Samsung rewards.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle