Can't open files with Polaris Office 5

Andrei Gradinariu

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I needed to download a file from the internet, using the default browser ( not Chrome ). After I tapped on the notification that said "download complete", which is supposed to open that specific file, I keep getting an error saying "Not a supported document type". To open the file I have to go to the app My files, search for the document and open it. When I do that it opens it with no problem. Why doesn't it open from directly the notification bar?

Posted via Android Central App

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have only had it happen on PDF files, but haven't tried to open others.

I needed to download a file from the internet, using the default browser ( not Chrome ). After I tapped on the notification that said "download complete", which is supposed to open that specific file, I keep getting an error saying "Not a supported document type". To open the file I have to go to the app My files, search for the document and open it. When I do that it opens it with no problem. Why doesn't it open from directly the notification bar?

Posted via Android Central App

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have only had it happen on PDF files, but haven't tried to open others.

I have the same experience. If I download a .pdf file, click to open, message says "file not supported by Polaris" However, if I manually open Polaris, then open the same .pdf file, it works fine (the .pdf file is opened by Polaris).

I have no explanation. Another quirky detail. "PDF view" (free app) seems to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall