I needed to download a file from the internet, using the default browser ( not Chrome ). After I tapped on the notification that said "download complete", which is supposed to open that specific file, I keep getting an error saying "Not a supported document type". To open the file I have to go to the app My files, search for the document and open it. When I do that it opens it with no problem. Why doesn't it open from directly the notification bar?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 12:09 PM
    Anybody?

11-28-2013 03:51 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I have only had it happen on PDF files, but haven't tried to open others.

I needed to download a file from the internet, using the default browser ( not Chrome ). After I tapped on the notification that said "download complete", which is supposed to open that specific file, I keep getting an error saying "Not a supported document type". To open the file I have to go to the app My files, search for the document and open it. When I do that it opens it with no problem. Why doesn't it open from directly the notification bar?

11-28-2013 07:39 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I have only had it happen on PDF files, but haven't tried to open others.
    I have the same experience. If I download a .pdf file, click to open, message says "file not supported by Polaris" However, if I manually open Polaris, then open the same .pdf file, it works fine (the .pdf file is opened by Polaris).

I have no explanation. Another quirky detail. "PDF view" (free app) seems to work.
    12-08-2013 05:35 PM