Home Pages and App Shortcuts

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Somehow I managed to add two Home Pages, but I can't remember exactly how I did it.

When I used "Edit", I was able to re-arrange them to have three on each side of my Main Home page, for a total of seven.
That's pretty cool, but I don't really know how I did it.

The manual I downloaded calls the eight shortcuts on the bottom line "Primary Shortcuts".
It says these should appear on all pages, just like my HTC phone and version 1 iPad. Works well for "most used" apps.
But mine only appear on the Main page in the center. I checked all the Setup pages, and saw no mention of them.

Is my manual wrong? Or is there a way to enable them on all seven pages?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If you pinch/zoom out on any home screen, you will see all your home screens on like a grid. From there you can drag ones you dont use or want, to the trash. That will reduce the home screens.

Not sure why you are not seeing the primary shortcuts on all screens tho..

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Somehow I managed to add two Home Pages, but I can't remember exactly how I did it.
When I used "Edit", I was able to re-arrange them to have three on each side of my Main Home page, for a total of seven.
That's pretty cool, but I don't really know how I did it.

I got the multiple pages figured out. In edit mode you can add pages to a total of seven. You can also move them around. It's pretty cool, and adds a lot of space for apps and widgets.

The manual I downloaded calls the eight shortcuts on the bottom line "Primary Shortcuts".
It says these should appear on all pages, just like my HTC phone and version 1 iPad. Works well for "most used" apps.
But mine only appear on the Main page in the center. I checked all the Setup pages, and saw no mention of them.

Is my manual wrong? Or is there a way to enable them on all seven pages?

As for the "Primary Shortcuts", I'm pretty sure the online PDF manual is wrong.
These are the eight across the bottom, S Note, Calendar, Internet, Email, Gallery, Scrapbook, Dropbox, Play Store.
I tried for several hours to get them to appear on all pages.

Then I watched three YouTube reviews, guess what?
On the reviewed systems these shortcuts only showed on the center (Home) page. Just like mine.

The Multi Window Panel on the left side does show on all pages for me.

From what I found so far, my tablet seems to be working correctly.

Can anyone verify??

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't use stock touchwiz, this may help, Nova Launcher Prime is cheap and easy. You can set it up so there is the same bar on every page with ease. Also you can add anything to it and more icons on the bar than will fit on a single page.

The cool thing is you can scroll that bottom bar WITHOUT changing pages but when you do change pages it shows the first icons on the bar so you have your main ones but can scroll the bar on any page to get to others without a page change with a flick of the finger .

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty wierd. Watched a few videos myself and see what you mean. On my galaxytab3 and s4 phone, they are there for all home screens. Wonder why not on this one?

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I suspect one of two reasons:
1. They are turned off by default, and Samsung didn't tell us how to turn them on.
2. The Multi Window Panel does the same thing, and is there on all screens.

Either way, it doesn't detract from the usage of the tablet.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
But the multiview panel does not support all apps. You can put anything on that primary apps row. Such odd little nuances on this tablet

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
With the alternative launcher, you can have the row of primary apps show on all pages. But I don't know how or if that affects use of some of the touchwiz features

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
With the alternative launcher, you can have the row of primary apps show on all pages. But I don't know how or if that affects use of some of the touchwiz features

Are you using touchwiz? If so, can you see primary apps on all pages? If not, what launcher are you using?

I'm just trying to find out if my system is like others, or if it's different.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not using anything yet, I just ordered mine today. But I do use nova on my Acer iconia, and yes that primary app row is on all home screen pages. I'm trying to find out if some of the touchwiz things will be able to be accessed if nova or any other launcher is used.

My new note arrives Friday :)

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably not the one to advise anyone on touchwiz. LOL

Hopefully someone with experience will come on and answer both our questions.

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
On touch wiz there is no dock which means the icons on the bottom of the screen are just for that screen. I've used nova and it keeps all touch wiz features. And you can choose to have a dock so your icons will show on all pages, it will be on by default

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
On touch wiz there is no dock which means the icons on the bottom of the screen are just for that screen. I've used nova and it keeps all touch wiz features. And you can choose to have a dock so your icons will show on all pages, it will be on by default

Posted via Android Central App

interesting, how you mention no dock (primary apps row) on touchwiz, but apparantly this only applies to the note 10.1 2014, because I have a tab 3 7" that has touchwiz but has the dock row, that does stay stationary as you flick thru the home screen pages.

I just got my new note yesterday and am still playing around with it. I use Apex Launcher on the tablet (acer iconia a500) I am replacing with the Note 10.1 2013, so may just stay with that, but I may try nova too. I too like having that static bottom row