Samsung hub won't let me in.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
It tells me invalid token for log in. How can I get it to work? I uninstalled the updates and that didn't work, also I cleared data but still can't open app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your Samsung account work elsewhere? Check the Accounts section in your Settings. Maybe the whole account is locked, not just the Hub.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Does your Samsung account work elsewhere? Check the Accounts section in your Settings. Maybe the whole account is locked, not just the Hub.

Yes, the other Samsung apps work. I even went into Samsung apps and re installed the update to samsung hub.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Could you post a screenshot of the error? It's just so weird that Samsung Apps can open and log in but Samsung Hub doesn't...

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am shooting from the hip here but if I remember right I had the same problem, I know the hub has to be registered separate from the other Samsung services since it has paid content and needs some sort of payment system (credit card, whatever) linked to the account, you can use the same account but must set it up in the hub settings.

I am guessing you lost part or all of this info in the update, did you try to reset up just the hub?

It's been some time so maybe I am all wet but it would be an easy try to see if it fixes the error. (though if you want the update you might update again first instead of having to set it up twice (if this even works, fingers crossed).

Double Checking, Looked elsewhere....

Yea, Sounds like it's worth a shot.

"The Music hub needs an own account. It doesn't use your google details to log in.

Go to "My account" or whatever it's named when the music hub is open (The tab at the far right.) and register. "

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I looked under accounts and re entered my password and stuff but I still can't get into the hub. This socks because I wanted to spend that $50 that they gave us.

Margi713

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me and I contacted Samsung support. They told me to go into settings>application manager>Samsung hub> turn the application off and then back on. When you return to the hub it will ask you to sign in. Do so with whatever you originally used to sign up for the perk. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

plastiq

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am curious about this problem as I am experiencing it now with my Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I get the failed to log in error on my phone and the Note just dims the screen slightly every time and refuses to make the purchase but gives no error. I uninstalled the updates but the turn off option is greyed out after doing so. Samsung Support is being less than helpful. Any additional help I could get here would be appreciated

J

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I am curious about this problem as I am experiencing it now with my Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I get the failed to log in error on my phone and the Note just dims the screen slightly every time and refuses to make the purchase but gives no error. I uninstalled the updates but the turn off option is greyed out after doing so. Samsung Support is being less than helpful. Any additional help I could get here would be appreciated

J

I am having the exact same error. Try to make a purchase and screen dims, but it will not go to the next screen. From my phone I can get all the way to pay but then it says cannot connect ot server.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me and I contacted Samsung support. They told me to go into settings>application manager>Samsung hub> turn the application off and then back on. When you return to the hub it will ask you to sign in. Do so with whatever you originally used to sign up for the perk. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Hi
Didn't work for me. I have the turnoff button grayed out, so I did force stop. It still didn't work. Please help me.
thanks

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I could log into the Hub, first go to Samsung Apps, Settings, Profile, it will ask for your password, as soon as you enter the password, you will be able to access Hub again.
thanks

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The hub will not work for me...says that it is not available in my country..what a bummer! I have to forfeit most of the free gifts.

Baddouj Maryem

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
please help me. my samsung account won't work out on my laptop and it keeps saying the ID or password are inccorect while i've just logged in om my tab !!!! :S with the exact same email and adress. the problem here is that my phone (note 3) have been stolen and in order to activate mobile tracing I have to log in the samsung account !!!! I'm so frustrated !! what do i do please ????

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
On my Tab, "Samsung Hub" is no longer available... States as of December 31, 2014 after revitalizing app (previously uninstalled) and getting update, it plainly states its a dead app and there are other Samsung alternative apps to take the place where the Hub is no longer available"...

Sees as that ....

Music is now accessed through 'MilkMusic"
Games are now accessed through "Samsung GALAXY Apps".
The book section is now through "Kindle for Samsung"
And videos are now accessible in your "Video Library" (see icon on your tab)...

Screenshot_2015-09-19-07-59-30.jpg

Dale

Last edited: