Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) cracked the fault with it getting stuck on start up!

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The problem is if you have an sd card. Guessing there's fault where it's taking to long to read it. I've had no problem with this. Got a 32gb sd card today. It's a samsung class 10 one too. Went to restart my device . Got stuck on start up. Tried again. But this time when it got stuck I removed the sd card and instantly it went to lock screen. Weird fault but if you have an sd card only way around it is to take it out while its booting up. Hope this is to help to anyone. Any comments or similar thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: cracked the fault with it getting stuck on start up!

The problem is if you have an sd card. Guessing there's fault where it's taking to long to read it. I've had no problem with this. Got a 32gb sd card today. It's a samsung class 10 one too. Went to restart my device . Got stuck on start up. Tried again. But this time when it got stuck I removed the sd card and instantly it went to lock screen. Weird fault but if you have an sd card only way around it is to take it out while its booting up. Hope this is to help to anyone. Any comments or similar thoughts?

That ain't right mine boots and so should yours with or without card. Can't help with the fault though.

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I know it's weird. Tested it many times. Gets stuck in a loop with sd card but starts up fine without. The sd card is also holding data and running apps on it fine too. I may try to reset the sd card and try again

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Mine reboots a second time... Every time I power up. 64gb card.
Is this whats happening to you?

It always works after it loops the second time.

-g-

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I think it's those larger 64gb cards. I only use 16gb ones (cuz I have a pile of em) and have never had that problem. That said, even if that is the case, it should not be.

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I sorted it. Is yours rooted? Download an app called sd booster and you can set the Internal storage to be accessed on boot , mine starts every time for me now. And yeah it did get stuck in a loop

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Are any of your cards SanDisk ones by any chance? I know I may sound like a broken record, but I've read way too many posts and have had quite a few mishaps myself with all my newer Samsung devices and SanDisk cards (so far since the S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3). It seems the Ultra line and their 32GB cards are the ones that seem to go bonkers the most.

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

No its a samsung 32gb class 10. All working fine now. Starts up quickly

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

So, do you have to take out the SD Card EVERY TIME you re-boot? Or just the initial one?

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Have you ever tried formatting the micro-sd card on your PC first in ex-fat? I have always used Sandisk in all my devices and have never once had an issue but I also always format them before installing in my device the first time.

Kevin

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I did before I sorted it yeah . It would constantly loop until is was taken out.

dasym

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Untick Scanning Always Available in advanced Wi-Fi options. That seemed to fix it for me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I have had the same problem (tablet reboots a 2nd and sometimes 3rd time). I am rooted, and also using an old 32GB Sandisk microSD card that I had in my old Droid Bionic (I only use Sandisk cards in all of my devices by the way and have not had many problems with them). I did not reformat it because it had a lot of data that I still wanted to access on the Note 10.1 (2014). So I don't know if for me it is really a problem with the memory card, but I just bought a new 64GB card yesterday that I plan to format soon (with the Note 10.1, not a PC) and see if that changes anything. I also noticed my problem starting to happen after I copied over a bunch of apps from my Note 2 and Note 3 over to the Note 10.1 via a great little app called "Send Anywhere Pro". That makes me wonder however if one or more of those apps were only made for phones and are causing problems on tablets.

I did find it interesting that Dasym mentioned "unticking scanning always available" as well as the suggested app from Reuben called "sd booster". I'm going to try both of those options when I get home because in addition to my rebooting problem, I also have a lot of lag now and sometimes get errors when trying to copy or move files with any of my file managers. I didn't really notice any of these issues right out of the box though, or even right after rooting, so something changed at some point after that.

Any other light that you guys can shed on this situation would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Any other light that you guys can shed on this situation would also be appreciated.

It's memory card related but the actual card is either not the trigger to a reboot loop or there is more than one trigger, first 2014, card went in right away, used the tablet to format it, had to factory reset 4 times in a week and set everything back up, card removal did not help, used more than one card, all Sandisk 10's 64 GB that worked great in my non 2014 Note 10.1.

Second tablet, Unticked the scanning box and so on, did not stick a card in it worked fine for a few weeks no memory card was ever put in the device and after two weeks got the reboot loop with of course no card to remove.

Called Samsung, they said the issue is it sometimes looks at the memory card as main OS and tries to boot from there (which would explain why taking the card out will stop the loop for some, no card, won't try to boot off it). But I know one other person that got the loop from a 2014 that never had a card in it.

I am on my third tablet, when I called Samsung they said a update was coming in two weeks to fix the problem (but that was over three weeks ago).

On my third, about three weeks old, all set up, put a card in a week ago, still good but sure hope to see that update soon.

Daniel Perkins

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

went to work with my Note 10.1 GT-N8010 and when
i took it out my bag was permanently on SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 Screen.
Downloaded Jellybean Firm ware for GT-N8010 and flashed it with both odin 1.85 and odin 3.07
Says It pass every time but just stuck on Galaxay Note screen

tried with auto reboot ticked and unticked
with F. Reset Time Ticked and unticked .
tried Connecting the Galaxy Note tablet to computer and immediately hold Volume Up.
tried hold Power button until it turns off while tablet is connecting to computer. Hold Volume Up with Power

Can enter download mode without any issues but when i try Recovery it just wont enter
No Modification done before hand was completely Out the Box stock Rom.
Been searching and searching but No Joy Hope someone reads this and has a solution

Just tried to flash it without the memory card inserted. but no joy
Does anyone know of a soloution or is it now time to deal with my insurance.

On download mode it has

Product Name : GT N8010
Custom Binary Downlaod: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status Official

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

This sub-forum is for a different tablet....2014 edition (SM-P600, 601, 605)... Yours is the original 2012 version, you might get more help on the forum dedicated to your tablet.

went to work with my Note 10.1 GT-N8010 and when
i took it out my bag was permanently on SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 Screen.
Downloaded Jellybean Firm ware for GT-N8010 and flashed it with both odin 1.85 and odin 3.07
Says It pass every time but just stuck on Galaxay Note screen

tried with auto reboot ticked and unticked
with F. Reset Time Ticked and unticked .
tried Connecting the Galaxy Note tablet to computer and immediately hold Volume Up.
tried hold Power button until it turns off while tablet is connecting to computer. Hold Volume Up with Power

Can enter download mode without any issues but when i try Recovery it just wont enter
No Modification done before hand was completely Out the Box stock Rom.
Been searching and searching but No Joy Hope someone reads this and has a solution

Just tried to flash it without the memory card inserted. but no joy
Does anyone know of a soloution or is it now time to deal with my insurance.

On download mode it has

Product Name : GT N8010
Custom Binary Downlaod: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status Official

yervan

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a virtually new Note 10.1 (2014) from a shop which sells such things. It is a SM-P600. From what I can tell it had never been used but had no box... It seemed to work fine for three days. Tonight I was attempting to send an email and it crashed. It is now stuck in a boot loop. Sometimes it gets to the lock screen others times it loops before. This is not the first time it crashed but every other time it rebooted a couple of times and was fine. the first crashes seems to be when I was looking at photos in my dropbox folder. I thought i may have overwhelmed the memory. It will go into odin download mode. I am looking for something easy that might straighten it out otherwise I will return it to them and get them to fix or refund the money. I cannot even shut it off... Wonder how long it will take for the battery to go dead?

manhattan212

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got nothing to contribute to this threat other than I'm having trouble with my SM-P605 too. It reboots at random intervals. I can't discern any possible triggers. After encountering this thread, I decided to remove my 64GB Samsung SD card, but it still crashes to a bright blue screen from which it often reboots. Sometimes I have to manually restart it by pressing and holding the power button. Seeing all these reports makes me wonder: are we dealing with defective hardware? Or is this software related?
...It seemed to work fine for three days. Tonight I was attempting to send an email and it crashed. It is now stuck in a boot loop. Sometimes it gets to the lock screen others times it loops before. This is not the first time it crashed but every other time it rebooted a couple of times and was fine. the first crashes seems to be when I was looking at photos in my dropbox folder. I thought i may have overwhelmed the memory. It will go into odin download mode. I am looking for something easy that might straighten it out otherwise I will return it to them and get them to fix or refund the money. I cannot even shut it off... Wonder how long it will take for the battery to go dead?
This might be a silly question, but I've got to ask. Did you try holding the power button for an extended period of time?