Youtube Major problems

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
is there some known issue watching YouTube videos on this tablet? I've tried the YouTube app, Next browser with flash apk side loaded, firefox, and stock browser, and the constant buffering makes it unwatchable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops! I brain-tooted and thought I was dealing with a Nexus 7.:confused: Let me think about this a little more.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even though your other devices work fine, it may be worth rebooting your router (unplug its power, wait 10 seconds, and plug it in again).

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with YouTube. This is a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, the YouTube app was pre-installed. The buffering is so bad that YouTube is virtually unwatchable. I've gone through every setting that I can think of, no luck. My router, other computers, laptops, tablets and phones do not have this problem.

If I can't find a solution, I'm sending it back. I'm not paying $500 for a tablet that can't play YouTube videos.

Also, I've only had it one week, but it's crashed Chrome twice already. This has never happened on my Nexus 7 or Android phone (RAZR Maxx).

Any ideas on how to fix this problem will be appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an answer for you mrspatmore. I have the YouTube app installed and I also have used several different browsers that support Flash and I have no buffering issues. I mean none whatsoever. Have you tried doing a factory reset and reinstall the updates? I certainly can understand your frustration as I would be upset as well. The only other thing I can think of is that you might possibly have too many apps running in the background competing for the RAM memory. Also, do you have trouble streaming other video apps or only YouTube?

Kevin

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an answer for you mrspatmore. I have the YouTube pp installed and I also have used several different browsers that support Flash and I have no buffering issues. I mean none whatsoever. Have you tried doing a factory reset and reinstall the updates? I certainly can understand your frustration as I would be upset as well. The only other thing I can think of is that you might possibly have too many apps running in the background cmpeting for the RAM memory. Also, do you have trouble streaming other video apps or only YouTube?
Kevin

Hi Kevin, I did follow your suggestions. I uninstalled the YouTube app and reinstalled it. At first, , I thought that solved the problem. But within 24 hours, I was right back to square one. Then, based on DianeHelen's suggestion, I installed the Next Browser, and tried watching YouTube videos through that browser. That does seem to have dramatically improved video performance. I would say the improvement is about 80 percent. I'm going to continue to use the Next Browser for the next few days, and monitor the situation. I'm just entirely confused as to why some of us with this tablet are having problems with the video playback, especially with the YouTube app, whereas other people reporting it works perfectly. This seems very strange to me. Also, I did follow your suggestion to make sure I didn't have too many apps running in the background. Thank you for that tip. I closed all other apps just to be certain. That did not improve the YouTube app performance. It's very frustrating.

pixelbrat

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with horrible buffering and stuttering while using the YouTube app. Glad to see I'm not the only one but it is odd that not everyone is having the issue.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
This was suggested I another post about this, and had worked wonders for me. Turn off wifi, on the Note, then turn it back on. amazingly now the youtube app works

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue as of yesterday on my Nexus 7, Galaxy S4, Note 8.0. I restored the factory Youtube app on the S4 and it works fine. I used Chrome to view Youtube and that also worked fine. The Youtube app released on 12/09/2013 appears to be crap. Another weird thing, not sure what the Roku uses but that also has the same issue when viewing Youtube. It plays a few seconds and then stops.

In case it was the router, I went out and purchased a new AC Router and same results. All other streaming i.e Netflix, Vudu and HuluPlus works fine.

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
After trying so many different options and none of them working, I finally decided to purchase a new router. Not that my old router was bad or anything, as it ran all of my other multiple devices without any troubles, but I figured why not give it a try before giving up and returning the tablet for a refund .

Here is the router that I purchased:

Amazon.com: Linksys AC1900 Dual Band SMART Wi-Fi Router (EA6900): Computers & Accessories
http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-AC190...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3317327

I am very happy to report that after replacing my router with this new one (top of the line I guess) everything works perfectly. Lightning fast, no buffering at all, on youtube or any other website. The video is fantastic quality and speed. It's amazing. I'm so happy. I now love all aspects of my Galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 edition tablet. I hope this information is helpful to some of your other folks who have been having trouble with video playback, and the YouTube app.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
After trying so many different options and none of them working, I finally decided to purchase a new router. Not that my old router was bad or anything, as it ran all of my other multiple devices without any troubles, but I figured why not give it a try before giving up and returning the tablet for a refund .

Here is the router that I purchased:

Amazon.com: Linksys AC1900 Dual Band SMART Wi-Fi Router (EA6900): Computers & Accessories

I am very happy to report that after replacing my router with this new one (top of the line I guess) everything works perfectly. Lightning fast, no buffering at all, on youtube or any other website. The video is fantastic quality and speed. It's amazing. I'm so happy. I now love all aspects of my Galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 edition tablet. I hope this information is helpful to some of your other folks who have been having trouble with video playback, and the YouTube app.

I'm glad you finally got to the root of your problem and that you persisted until you did. I had a similar problem with streaming video on a computer once and it was also resolved by buying a new router. I thought someone had suggested that early on. Anyway, I'm glad you can enjoy your tablet now. It is a great device!

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non