Question about Lock Screen Password security

thecaptain42

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've implemented Screen Lock Secured with password (Settings, Device, Lock Screen). I have a pretty strong alpha/numeric with punctuation and upper/lower case string that is pretty long.

Does anyone know if this is actually quite secure or if it can be cracked as easily as old Windows operating systems?

Since my primary gmail is always logged on along with a few other sites like Dropbox, I want to find out if I have false security on this 2014 Note. I know data on the SD card can be read, but got nothing critical on that.

Btw, also implemented multiple user logins (each with their own screen lock password). Works very well, each user has their own Home Screen and are logged onto their own accounts. Also interesting, User Manual doesn't address this important feature.

thecaptain42

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm just getting started with this Note, but, I would guess the bad guy would need to "connect" to a wifi hotspot I already connected to (and keep connection info). I can see the remote wipe taking place if it was a device connected to a cell tower, but not the bad guy's wifi connection.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has to be connected to the same network. As soon as it goes online, remote erasing should work. But I haven't tested this, not 100% sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma