New Note 10.1-No software updates

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm brand new to the forums. I just opened my new note10.1 on Tuesday. I've heard that most people get the new updates right when the tablet turns on. I haven't gotten any updates yet, and performance is a bit laggy.

I bought it from newegg. I originally thought it was already updated, but with the laggy performance, Im thinking otherwise. I tried forcing the update many times by clearing Google systems framework, but it's not working

Anyone have the same deal? Any feedback is appreciated

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to write something here, but this is my first time here.
There are sooooo mannny stuuuuffffff!!!!
Where do I ask a question, I don't see it anywhere...
I would like to know how to upload an app to google play

Thanks

I hope I get an answer
and I can find that answer

I went to MY THREADS
I don't see anything

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to write something here, but this is my first time here.
There are sooooo mannny stuuuuffffff!!!!
Where do I ask a question, I don't see it anywhere...
I would like to know how to upload an app to google play

Thanks

I hope I get an answer
and I can find that answer

I went to MY THREADS
I don't see anything

at the top of any forum (like this one) there is a button to start a new post. You can do that to ask a question or start a discussion. Hope that helps.

cwy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You may have to do more than one update. I bought my 10.1 2014 new at Newegg too. I updated once, the device restarted, and I thought that was that. Later, I went to the software update screen and saw another update. Updated it and the device restarted again. Maybe one update was dependent on the other's having been installed first.

Even if you enable "automatic update" in settings, it will NOT AUTOMATICALLY update your firmware. It will only automatically your APPS, silently even, while wifi is on. This is similar to iOS which won't automatically update the latest iOS version for you. It only notifies you of an update. You don't want the device install firmware and restart on its own, naturally. My point is you always need to update the firmware manually.

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, my build number says MJA and the date on the box says 2013.11.20 which think is when the device was manufactured.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
If you have the lastest software then there is no updates for it and thats that really there not just gunna turn round and say oh you have a new tableb heres an update :) itll be ready when they release it but for now sounds like your upto date :)

Sent From My Xperia Z C6603

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Remember guys, updates are slow roll-outs... That means that an update may be out, but not everyone is getting it yet... it will come to you if available, sometimes it may seem like weeks, but that's the way it is.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
In all the research I've done before getting my Note 2014, I thought I read that the first thing you need to do is download the updates and then do a factory reset. Is this right, or backwards or wrong? :)
Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're gonna do a factory reset anyway, why not do both. Factory-reset before update, update, factory reset. You end up losing stuff anyway :p