Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)S-pen functions/ moves

barthx

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the GN 2014 and I've noticed that you can't make spaces by quickly dashing to the right. You can't even go forwards or backwards by holding the button and doing some move. Do I have to root my tablet to get these things to work? Will they be enabled in a future update?

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
l miss the gestures too, particularly the back gesture. I wonder why they dumped them....
I'd like to get them back but I Would rather not have to root.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean gestures in the keyboard? If you've enabled the Swype-like action on the keyboard, all gestures are off. That might be the problem.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean gestures in the keyboard? If you've enabled the Swype-like action on the keyboard, all gestures are off. That might be the problem.

I actually meant gestures like writing "<" with the S pen allowed you to return to the previous screen. I know the back button is there but I kind of got used to the back gesture when I had the original note 10.1.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh, that... yeah, they took that out... I guess not many people really used it before (I know I didn't). But at least you've got options in the Play Store, albeit rooted ones...