Has anyone used any of these Logitech Keyboards? (Mac enhanced)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I know, these are Mac keyboards... but I just can't find another one that I really like (except for the Microsoft Wedge, which unfortunately I'm still not sure if I'll get because of two (stupid IMHO) design choices: AAA Batteries and EXTREMELY difficult to find Spanish layout. That and a hefty price tag hehe).

Has anyone used any of these two? If so, do they work OK? Do they have the "Bluetooth Bug" (constantly disconnecting or 'sticky' keys) or do they work just fine? If they work, what do the mac-specific keys do, if anything?

Thanks!!

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac/iPad/iPhone: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch K811 Keyboard for Mac, iPad, iPhone - Silver/Black: Computers & Accessories

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Why do you have to use the Mac version of the Logitech keyboard? I have the K810...LOVE it! I had it BT'ed to my desktop, (before buying it's big brother the K800), my phone and my laptop. Works flawlessly, but, I'd read about the issues with this tablet and BT keyboards. I wrote to Logitech ts and was told that the K810 had been tested with and confirmed to work with the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I've used the keyboard once since getting my tablet last Tues. It paired just fine and worked the entire 15 minutes I used it. That's all I got :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so the Windows version...still there's a key that's not Android, what does it do? Hehe... (The reason I picked the Mac versions is because that's what showed up in my local store... you know, iPad accessories galore, none for Android). Do all the buttons work? The media ones, etc.? It's not too bulky to put in a briefcase and travel around with the tablet?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, no, no. It's not too bulky at all. It's so small, light weight and described on line as a "luxury" keyboard. Sounds good to me :) I'm sure I didn't use all the keys but I'll go right now and give it a workout. From what I read some of these keyboards can work fine for awhile and then disconnect. I really haven't used it enough to say for certain that it wouldn't but so far so good.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, so the Windows version...still there's a key that's not Android, what does it do? Hehe... (The reason I picked the Mac versions is because that's what showed up in my local store... you know, iPad accessories galore, none for Android). Do all the buttons work? The media ones, etc.? It's not too bulky to put in a briefcase and travel around with the tablet?

Not sure if my reply to this showed up. Said a moderator would have to approve it. That's never happened before.
Used the K810 for 25 minutes. No hiccups. Paired immediatly after turning on the keyboard (< 1 second)
Works with OB screen visable too.
Played a song while typing an email. Volume keys worked, play and pause buttons worked.
Print screen key works
escape key works and will back you out of multiple layers of windows.
Home key works
Tapping on the escape key will remove the OB keyboard.
The Windows key did nada :)
There is a keyboard key. That didn't do anything.
The arrow keys worked.
It worked in the browser and it worked in an online forum.
Far as I can tell, it's completely compatible.
I bought this keyboard in Jan waiting on the (vaporware) Visio 10" tab that was the big hit at CES last year so I'm relieved
that it works with the Samsung :)
Monica
ps...not sure why my prior message didn't show but no, it's not bulky at all! Small, thin, light weight. Feels great typing on it.
On line descriptions refer to it as a "luxury" keyboard. It feels it :)

Gregory Bull

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Any one here tried using the 'mac version K811' with a samsung tablet? I have a macbook pro and a galaxy tab 3.

I like the look of the 811 and, if it works well enought with the GT3, I'll have a MAC optimized keyboard to use with my iHACK.

All that really needs to work on the GT3 is the typing, function keys dont matter as much since I'll be using the GT3 and Keyboard set up in class where playing music is frowned upon.

Thanks In advance for you help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer