Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Bluetooth problems

remmip

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Just received my note, set up all fine as I have a samsung smart phone and understand how they work. Tried to send pictures from my phone to the note but no luck, the note and my phones Bluetooth are 'paired' and connected but when the authorisation request comes through and I press 'accept' a notification pops up saying 'unfortunately Bluetooth share has stopped' I have tried over 20 times and turned the device off and on but still no change, any suggestions???? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy note 10.1 (2014) Bluetooth problems

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like a bug that may require a Samsung update to correct.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

This machine definitely has a bluetooth issue. I have the same issues with sending info to/from my GNote2. BT headphones have a static/hissing noise. When music stops for 30sec. BT turns off. Keyboard pairs but does not work but works excellent with the GNote2.

Josh Collins

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Just got off the phone with them. They said they are not aware of the note having any issues and asked me to do a factory refresh.

I think I am going to take a bluetooth device into a best buy and see if their samsung rep can get it to work on their display model. I wonder if this is why they haven't released any bluetooth accessories yet.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

My HP K4000 keyboard works fine, and I can send and receive to my HTC phone.

Josh Collins

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried with another device at the same time. My keyboard gives me less issues by itself. But with a mouse it won't work well at all?

srschacher

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

There is a workaround I saw on XDA where you go to the Bluetooth settings and press the menu button. Change the setting for Visibility Timeout to Never. My new Note didn't even see my bluetooth keyboard until I did this. Now it seems to work fine.

tamxir

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi there

Another Bluetooth issue I just discovered with my Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 relates to video playback.

I found that playback of videos from my PC over wifi were stuttering and stopping repeatedly at night. After ruling out possible network and interference issues, it was only when the headset battery charge died, that the video played normally. After recharge, I confirmed that the headset was the cause. It was a cheaper recent headset from ALDI, Model number is BH-01.

I tried another bluetooth headset and video played normally. The headset causing the problems works fine on other devices.

I called Samsung Tech Support and they said they had not encountered this issue before and seemed happy I reported it. By posting here, I hope this may help others who experience this hard to diagnose issue.

Regards
tamxir

srschacher

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if I found another bluetooth issue or not, but I noticed the other day that the EasyTether Pro app was dropping the bluetooth connection to my smartphone in the same way that it was dropping the bluetooth connection to my keyboard. It seemed like both were being dropped together. I tried turning off the keyboard, and it seemed that EasyTether Pro stabilized.

Tom Ernst

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Short after switching "BlueScan" (BLE) on (sometimes immediately, sometimes after up to 30 seconds) the device shows "unfortunately, bluetooth sharing has stopped" and switches Bluetooth automatically off (as can be seen afterwards in "settings".
There are yet no connected devices, it concerns the initial scan itself.

Kaci Chestie

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

If you look at the Belkin.com web site and look at the case/keyboard combo for this device, you'll see a notice that the keyboard won't work on Android 4.3 because of a Bluetooth bug. It works with prior and subsequent versions, but not 4.3. I went to a big electronics store with my 2014 with 4.3 and none of the Bluetooth keyboards worked except the one made by Samsung. Unfortunately, they don't make a case/keyboard combination that I can find.

If you're having problems check for your version. If you're not having problems, check for your version. Please report back here and we'll compare notes.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My Logitech bt keyboard (Y-R0023) and my white plastic kb from china work great on 4.3. Also, my HP X4000b bt mouse works well. All of these bt accessories work with my Note3, my Note 8, and my Note 10.1 2014. Oh, the 3 and 10.1 2014 are on 4.3 and the 8 is on 4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Kaci Chestie

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I'll look for a Logitech case/keyboard combo. The Samsung keyboard worked but Samsung makes a case and makes a keyboard but doesn't make a case/keyboard combo.

Skeeter686

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

none of the Bluetooth keyboards worked except the one made by Samsung.

Are you saying that the Sammy keyboard will work for folks who cannot normally maintain a stable BT connection with the keyboard?

I really want to like this tablet, but the issue with dropping the BT connection is extremely frustrating. And due to the micro-USB charging, I can't use a USB keyboard for an extended session.

I'm at the point where I'd pay the premium for Sammy's keyboard if that solves the problem.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Skeeter, have you tried the Logitech K810 BT keyboard? It's never dropped a BT connection with my GN/2014 (or any other device).

Are you saying that the Sammy keyboard will work for folks who cannot normally maintain a stable BT connection with the keyboard?

I really want to like this tablet, but the issue with dropping the BT connection is extremely frustrating. And due to the micro-USB charging, I can't use a USB keyboard for an extended session.

I'm at the point where I'd pay the premium for Sammy's keyboard if that solves the problem.

Skeeter686

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Skeeter, have you tried the Logitech K810 BT keyboard? It's never dropped a BT connection with my GN/2014 (or any other device).

I've been using a Motorola BT keyboard for a good couple of years and it's worked flawlessly on every other device, including my current GS3 phone. It worked so well that I got one for my wife, who has also never had a problem with it. I've tried both Motorola keyboards and another off brand with this tablet and they've all had connectivity issues.

I was giddy when I thought I had the problem solved by using a BT mouse along with the keyboard, except that I had the dropped connection problem came back the second time I tried that combo. Why it worked the first time and not the second, I don't know. In any case, I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware issue, as some claim. I would expect a hardware problem to not be temporarily tricked into working.

So far, the only reliable solution I've tried has been to stream audio while using the keyboard. I assume that the constant flow of data keeps the BT connection open. However, it decreases battery life and I also need to have a BT audio device with enough battery life. What I want to do is to be able to take notes via keyboard for a period of roughly 8 to 10 hours. I know my BT headset won't last that long, and it's really not a good solution, anyway.

I find it hard to believe that the Sammy (or Logitech) keyboard would magically solve this problem, but I would be willing to pay for another premium keyboard to get this tablet working right. This is such an excellent tablet in many ways, but there are a couple of really painful (for me) problems with it.

If anyone can confirm that the Logitech or the Samsung keyboard solves the Bluetooth connectivity issue, I'd love to hear about it.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Hate to say it but it was a hardware issue for mine. BT issues were as you were describing. Sent mine to Samsung, they (RSI) changed the BT radio, now it works flawlessly for hours using the Logitech K810.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I used my K810 today for the first time in several weeks. Connected instantaneously. Left it idle for 10 15 minutes at a time without it dropping the connection. It just couldn't work any better. Love the fact that you can connect 3 different devices with the touch of a key and the illumination (which fades to off to conserve battery life when you're not typing). Just touch a key or wave your hand over the keyboard to turn the back-light on. Skeeter, sounds like it would be worth it to you to do what pcbtmr did.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I used my K810 today for the first time in several weeks. Connected instantaneously. Left it idle for 10 15 minutes at a time without it dropping the connection. It just couldn't work any better. Love the fact that you can connect 3 different devices with the touch of a key and the illumination (which fades to off to conserve battery life when you're not typing). Just touch a key or wave your hand over the keyboard to turn the back-light on. Skeeter, sounds like it would be worth it to you to do what pcbtmr did.

A 100.00? Keyboard?! Wowza! Can't justify that... Between buying this tablet, SquareTrade insurance, and a couple accessories, my self and others are nearly spending a 1000.00 or close to easily. Kinda sucks to have to spend so much for a freaking tablet. Lol just saying. But I'm a techy nerd that needs all the latest cool stuff ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC