Im on the endless search for a desktop charging cradle and have come up with nothing.
    I was thinking that the note 8 tablet cradle would work with the new note 10.1 since they both use a micro usb port.
    has anyone thought of this and maybe tried it?
    I really need a desktop charging cradle.

Here is an example, there seems to be tons of cradles for the note 8

Amazon.com: Desktop Sync Charger Dock Station Cradle For Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 N5110 #12087#: Computers & Accessories
    12-26-2013 11:38 AM
    I think I saw this one before, and while no one could verify if it did or didn't work, many pointed out that the position of the port might be too close to the back of the cradle, so it might not fit properly on the Note 10.1 (plus, the Note 8, if I'm not mistaken, has the port on the bottom side on portrait mode, but the 10.1 has the port on the bottom side on landscape mode, so the balance might also be thrown off).

Do you need the cradle for any other purpose than charging? If not, what I did was use a business card holder I had and just plucked a hole to get the microUSB cable through the bottom and charge it that way. It's not the fanciest thing in the world, but it gets the job done.
    12-26-2013 01:14 PM
    Charge only is what I need, I keep the tab in the corner of my desk when I need it.
    Tx
    Ken
    12-26-2013 06:54 PM
    Hi Hitch_Itch, I've been on the exact same search believe me, I feel your pain!!! Just a day or two ago, I finally found a few docks that are compatible with our devices, finally!!! They are located at the following sites: Frys.com, they offer the charging dock in white only & I think it's listed for $39.99 (specifically says compatible with the Note 2014 Edition. ) There's also several listed on EBay but many are extremely cheap (selling for $7.00-$8.00), they're shipping from China & I don't trust the quality. I did finally find a (California based) electronics retailer on EBay, it's called RND Power Solutions. They sell the dock in black, it comes with 2 cables (1 for sync & 1 for charge) & a 2A adapter as well for $24.99. This one also specifies compatibility with the 2014 Edition. This is the one I decided to order & am anxiously awaiting. Hope I helped put an end to your endless search, enjoy your new dock!!! DMarie04
    (Just a side note, make sure wherever you decide to order from, the dock specifically says it's compatible with the 2014 Edition Tablet. There's two different new docks, both that use a micro usb port & look identical (the white docks) but, one is a 5 pin & the other is a 11 pin. If it doesn't specify, I'd verify with retailer to save yourself a return)
    03-15-2014 07:16 PM
    03-15-2014 07:34 PM
    Update for Dock purchase:
    I received my dock from the Ebay retailer, RND Power Solutions. And while the dock itself seemed to be of reputible quality, the one feature I did have an issue with, is that the dock's port is not stationary. It moves back n' forth which, for me, made it harder to place my tablet on. In addition, once I did get my tablet onto the usb micro port, it leaned a good deal. My concern with this is that, especially with repeated use, I feel like it could damage my tablets usb port. (My tablet is the 10.1 inch so perhaps if your tablet is the 7 or 8 inch it may not be an issue.)
    Just thought I'd post my own experience in case anyone is thinking of purchasing this item. I have since purchased the white (5pin) Samsung universal dock from Staples.com. It should arrive anyday & I'll update after I've had a chance to try that one.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-23-2014 04:56 PM
    Damag/looseness of the port is not uncommon.

Sent via my Note 8
    03-23-2014 05:50 PM
    I own this desktop charger.FRYS.com | SAMSUNG though I bought it at Best Buy. It works perfectly with the Note 10.1 2014 edition.
    03-23-2014 07:20 PM