I just picked up mine tonight and I'm having some problems are ready. First off I can't seem to drag the notification drop down from the top. I could have sworn that I was able to at first. But I can't anymore. I try restarting the tablet numerous times and even reset it to factory condition but it is still not do it.wondering if anybody can help. the second problem is the screen which shut off. Once I press the power button up on top of the screen comes on in the Google now app is running I would have to close it in order to get back to what I was doing before.
    12-26-2013 09:40 PM
    That's very odd, you shouldn't have any issues with the notification bar and it should always be accessible, even in full screen apps! I'd get it replaced if I were you, even though it sounds like it's a software issue.
    12-27-2013 08:53 AM
    Agreed, you might want to get it replace. I have never seen or heard about that issue. Unless you accidentally disabled it? I don't even know if you can disable it?
    12-27-2013 09:57 AM
    Here's the background. I bought it on Ebay...brand new condition and it was. Not a scratch on it.

But here's where things went wrong. Someone gave him a cheap after market case (looks like the OEM case from last years's 10.1 Note). When I installed this case and closed it, the logo was upside down. That told me something was odd. The case also had magnets that would shut the device down during the middle of use. When I had the flap folded to the back, it would cause random shut downs. That case might have interfered with the notification swipe down as well because I removed the case and it's working now. On top of that, the blue screen came up and I wasn't able to shut it down or do anything. Again, the case was on at the time. So a lot of issues were occurring by using this cheap case. Since I've removed the case, I've not had the same issues. The notification swipe does work now.

Wow. Who would have thought a cheap case would do all this.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-27-2013 10:21 AM
    Good to know and, actually, you're like the third or fourth person I've seen around these forums that has issues with cases making their tablets act all weird. You COULD try to disable the 'Smart Cover' function and see if that helps, but that would mean your tablet wouldn't shut the screen off by closing the lid.
    12-27-2013 10:58 AM
    I also heard about some case issue. Especially those cases with magnet. It somhow interferes with spen at the top area of the screen where the case magnet is located. It sounded like your issue is with the case.
    12-27-2013 12:42 PM
    Yes. I thought this thing was the worse piece of crap last night. Freezing issues, can't swipe down, then able to swipe down, then can't swipe down. Blue screen. Can't power it off. Can't restart. Weird looking menu. I literally wanted to call Samsung and swear at them for putting out a piece of crap. So far today without a case, no issues.

I did buy the Poetic Slimline case which was delivered to me today. I'll try that tonight and see if it will cause the same problem. Hopefully not.
    12-27-2013 05:30 PM