Galaxy note 10.1 2014 boot loop Samsung wont replace

yulandop

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the note 10.1 2014 ant it has been looping at startup
I called Samsung tech support. took it to the service location 3 times.
now they say that it needs a new mother board, but they cant tell me when the new board would be in.
it's past the 15 day return period, I bought It at the end of October.
Samsung refused to give me a new unit. Only want to replace the mother board (of which they have no idea when they will have one available.
Sucks'
any suggestions?

This pisses me off after spending hard earned money on a new tablet that's not even 2 months old

HygradeB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Do u have a friend that has one that can b return? If so use their paperwork & get it replaced

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Careful when doing that, because most stores 'marry' the device's SN to the ticket you'll be using for warranty, and especially true if you've already registered the faulty tablet with Samsung shortly after purchase.

Unfortunately, it's up to your local Consumer law to determine the period where the manufacturer is forced to replace the unit with a new one and when it's just forced to repair it. Some countries and/or states also determine a 'waiting period', so you might wanna check that out with your local Consumer Affairs office (i.e. some laws require the manufacturer to replace the unit with a new one if the repairs would take more than, say, a month).

PS: I'm sure you've tried everything but many people report booting loops when using SD Cards. Might be worth the try (boot without one inserted) if you haven't already.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If there are ways to help out without advocating fraud, lets go that route. I definitely understand the frustration, but trying to scam them or doing something illegal can easily lead to making the situation much worse. The most obvious answer is to put it through the warranty process (most likely 1 year) and let them replace/repair as needed until it works.

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
How did you pay for the tablet? If you paid by credit card, you can check to see if your credit card company has any protection. I know Amex has an automatic extended warranty, as do some of the other cards.

SheTeck

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there some consumer forum that you can register a complaint on? In South Africa, we have a wonderful website called Hello Peter that most big companies are very nervous of having complaints issued on. Considering the amount on money they spend on advertising, I would bombard them with complaints. Also consider complaining on their Facebook page.

CHIRK2014

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
20131218_005842.jpg
I had the same problem, I sent mine in under warranty, and it came back with a custom ROM, from samsung support. Now Samsung will no longer honor any updates or warranties because they say the device has been modified, even though it was their own people who modified it. All I want is to have the stock ROM on my device.

Last edited:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, I sent mine in under warranty, and it came back with a custom ROM, from samsung support. Now Samsung will no longer honor any updates or warranties because they say the device has been modified, even though it was their own people who modified it. All I want is to have the stock ROM on my device.

You never rooted your device... it went into boot loops just because you put in an SD card as everyone should be able to do... you sent it in to be repaired under warranty as is your right... and they repair it by modifying your rom and then advise you that your warranty is no longer valid? That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard and it does not sound legal at all... if push came to shove you would definitely win in small claims court. Keep badgering, get them to put all that in writing and definitely fight it. Did you buy it through a reputable retailer ? Try putting pressure on them as well... you bought a defective device ! Good luck and sorry you have to go through this. Shamesung !!!

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 99986

Did you try rebooting with the sd card out? there is an issue with one of the firmware versions (maybe they just updated the firmware...not saying they aren't jerks, but this is a possibility), that makes it look as if it were modified, when it isn't. it is completely SD card related, and completely fixable. If you already know all this, or never used an external SD card, nevermind and that is super sh*tty.

Just hoping that the easy solution could be the right one.

cb23shark

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have tried to get the stock rom back on, still to no prevail. I am a full time student so I really rely heavily upon my Note for note taking go figure. The sad thing is people are looking to root their device, I am looking to get mine back to stock. I am the original poster....

Posted via Android Central App

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Cb23shark, you're not listening. Remove the SD card then try it out. Lots of people have been saying this but you aren't replying about the solution to this.

Sent from my SM-P600

cb23shark

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that I sent it in to get repaired, and it came back with a custom rom. So now I am trying to figure out how to put the stock rom back on, because the incompetent people at Samsung service won't fix there mistake.

Posted via Android Central App

CHIRK2014

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
That is the Problem, I did not have any sd card in or anything. I removed everything and ran it in safe mode, it still had the same problem. It was then that I was advised to send it in, and at that time the technicians at Samsung service flashed my GN 2014 with some other custom ROM.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Customer service is non-existent. It's a shame but they WILL sit up and take notice if you contact the Better Business Bureau. Copy the letter to Samsung corporate offices. Be very detailed in your description of what has transpired.
I just had to go thru this with iRobot. My year old Braava sweeper lost her mind <lol> Long story short, technical support offered to send me a BRAND NEW robot and then sent me a horribly scratched refurbished one. Tried and tried to work with them. All I wanted was for them to do what they said they'd do. Nothing more. I wrote the letter, sent it to corporate and made one last attempt to get them to do the right thing. I even told her I was sending a letter to the BBB if they didn't send what they said they'd send...I didn't ask for a new unit, they offered it. I sent the letter to BBB and one day later, I had a call from corporate. Not only did I receive a brand new retail UPGRADED version of what I had but was told to keep the refurbished one as well. I've contacted the BBB on three businesses. All three times resulted in the companies doing what they were supposed to have done in the first place (and more). This is an expensive item. Don't let this go on any longer! Good luck!

thecaptain42

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thought I had the problem looping at boot identified, but guess I have no solution yet. Pretty much from the delivery, I had 3 users setup, 2 of them with a 7-digit pin code. 2014 unit worked perfect for about 21 days.

Then bought Amazon.com : 6 ft USB A to MicroUSB B Cable : Computer Usb Cables : Electronics a 6' usb cable with right-angle micro usb connector, VERY nice. Then 15 days later got 1st loop at boot. Called Sammy, they wanted me to send it in (not ready for that). After about 30 minutes of re-booting/powering off, booted normally. Five days later, same looping issue, think yanking SanDisk Ultra SD solved problem, finally booted normally. Six days later, same looping issue.

Then, I thought the 6' usb cable could be the culprit as the problem started soon after I started using that 6' cable. I then went back to using the short 3' usb cable supplied by Sammy. Everything was perfect for 39 days (with short Sammy cable) , thought 6' cable was the culprit. Then loop at boot issue came back again. After 20-30 minutes of powering off/on, booted normally.

Now, I'm suspecting the SanDisk SD chip, but don't want to wait 39+ days to see.

Has anyone else come up with a plausible theory of the cause for that looping during boot? Has anyone had this issue without multiple users? or PIN numbers? I really would like to make this unit reliable.

manhattan212

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Thought I had the problem looping at boot identified, but guess I have no solution yet. Pretty much from the delivery, I had 3 users setup, 2 of them with a 7-digit pin code. 2014 unit worked perfect for about 21 days.

Then bought Amazon.com : 6 ft USB A to MicroUSB B Cable : Computer Usb Cables : Electronics a 6' usb cable with right-angle micro usb connector, VERY nice. Then 15 days later got 1st loop at boot. Called Sammy, they wanted me to send it in (not ready for that). After about 30 minutes of re-booting/powering off, booted normally. Five days later, same looping issue, think yanking SanDisk Ultra SD solved problem, finally booted normally. Six days later, same looping issue.

Then, I thought the 6' usb cable could be the culprit as the problem started soon after I started using that 6' cable. I then went back to using the short 3' usb cable supplied by Sammy. Everything was perfect for 39 days (with short Sammy cable) , thought 6' cable was the culprit. Then loop at boot issue came back again. After 20-30 minutes of powering off/on, booted normally.

Now, I'm suspecting the SanDisk SD chip, but don't want to wait 39+ days to see.

Has anyone else come up with a plausible theory of the cause for that looping during boot? Has anyone had this issue without multiple users? or PIN numbers? I really would like to make this unit reliable.
QFT.
FTW.
If anyone ever figures this out, please say something.

thecaptain42, Can you give us an update on this?
I'm on the same boat. I had the same suspicions (multiple accounts, USB, maybe a particular app).
For a minute I thought maybe it was because I am in China, and China likes to occasionally and randomly block Google and Google services.

O.P.
Samsung has some messed up customer service.
The first question they ask me is whether or not I'm in the same country I purchased the device (that way they can just pass me along to the next person... who is equally or less helpful)

Samsung and its wares are awesome promises, that often deliver... But every now and then they kick you in the teeth,and when it does it leaves one bewildered. It's almost like gambling. They take "you pays your money, you takes your chances" to the max.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21