hide video

wingman1800

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
how can I put a video on my tablet 2014 and not have it show in Gallery?? I put a video in a folder I named, on the ext sd card and after I played it , it now shows up in Gallery???
tom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Create a blank file called ".nomedia" in that folder, and all media contents from that folder will be ignored. You can use most any file manager app to create the .nomedia file. You might have to reboot the device for the video to disappear from the gallery.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up, If you create a hidden folder (.nomedia), remember to make sure to check the settings in your file manager app to show hidden folders for you to be able to see it and move the file to. Most have the default set to hide them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think a .nomedia file simply instructs the Media Scanner to ignore the folder when scanning for media files, but it doesn't actually hide the folder. I believe that in order to hide a folder, you need to add a period in front of the folder name (i.e., ".Android").

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh I re read the original suggestion, I was seeing it as creating a hidden folder. Thanks for making me re read it, but my thoughts were in the right place, it would solve the OPs issue to create a hidden folder and put media in it he did not want to show up in Gallery. Sometime my ancient eyes miss stuff ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder, though, if a video in a hidden folder might still show up in the Gallery if you didn't put a .nomedia file in there.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech