Google Play movie down load (SD save option ?)

Marc Kaluza

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi just started to use goggle play and have a couple of questions.

1. I i've in the UK and have successfully entered my Amex Card I to my Google wallet however, when I go to buy an item from the play store I get the message "Purchase currency not supported" - Is this the norm for amex in the uk and the play store ? (My card works fine on ebay / amazon etc)

2. I want to download a few movies for an upcoming flight I will be travelling on and watch them off line. When I have download them (using a non amex card) is it possible to store it onto my installed 64gb micro sd ? My device is only 16gb and movies are memory hungry. Is this an option ? If it is I may opt to buy instead of renting.

3. If option 2 (above) is not possible can I move the Dropbox and retrieve it later for viewing ?

Apologies if my questions seem basic but I've never used android / samsung devices before and I am battling to get used to how this all works !

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the google play movies are all rentals and can be viewed from Google servers , you can view them with the google play movie app from offline, but the actual files are not saved locally. I can't say why your amex card won't work

Not sure what you mean about moving drop box?

No apologies needed, we all are here to share and learn :), Welcome

Last edited:

Marc Kaluza

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, when I look at he Google store many of the items (movies / TV shows etc) are available either to rent or purchase. There are a small number of programs that are free.... I down loaded one and can play it offline using the play movie and tv app already loaded onto the.

I have no idea where to look on the device to see where the movie has been stored. Once I know i would like someone to tell me if it is possible to move the file onto my sd card and play it directly from this storage. (I have no idea if this is possible) if it is it makes sense to buy some content rather than renting it.

My last thought was if it is not possible to move the content to the sd card then maybe I can move it in my Dropbox account and store it away from the tablet ? Then before I fly I would retrieve it back to my device (I've not started to even look at how drop box works Though! !)

Again thanks for advice

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
ahh ok I understand. I don't think you can save/move google movies to an sd card. Probably the same for Dropbox.

They would save to: android/data/com.google.android.videos

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
From the play store, download Astrofile. it's a free file manager app and really good. There are other ones too, but I really like Astrofile the best.

You could use the My Files app that comes on the Note too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech