Remote Keyboard app for Samsung Smart TV

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Im looking for a keyboard app to control Samsung Smart tv when i use the TVs web browser. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

midas69

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Im looking for a keyboard app to control Samsung Smart tv when i use the TVs web browser. Any ideas?

I don't have the answer, but, I think you would be better off just using the screen mirror option. That way you have a better choice of which browser you want to use. Besides solving the keyboard issue it would also make scrolling and link choice much easier.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's an app for that! :) Samsung's Smart View. It acts as a remote control, mouse, and keyboard as long as your device and TV are on the same WiFi network. And on top of that, if your TV supports it (newer TVs should), even mirror THE TV in your phone or tablet :)

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There's an app for that! :) Samsung's Smart View. It acts as a remote control, mouse, and keyboard as long as your device and TV are on the same WiFi network. And on top of that, if your TV supports it (newer TVs should), even mirror THE TV in your phone or tablet :)

Spook,
I download Smart View. I cant seem to see where the keyboard is in the app.
I pulled up th web browser on the tv. I used the mouse function on the app. The mouse was painfully slow. I also couldnt get a keyboard to pop up.Any ideas?
Thanka

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Spook,
I download Smart View. I cant seem to see where the keyboard is in the app.
I pulled up th web browser on the tv. I used the mouse function on the app. The mouse was painfully slow. I also couldnt get a keyboard to pop up.Any ideas?
Thanka

Update..now i see how the keyboard will pop up. The mouse is sooooo slowwwwww though.
Not worth using. Just as slow with thr tv remote though. Maybe there is a setting.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the mouse is slow because it is slow in the TV browser itself, that's why the other user's suggestion of actually using the browser in your tablet and mirroring to the TV made sense :p

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ya I thought so on the speed due to the TV. I will do the screen mirror as Midas suggests. Smart view does serve a good purpose though. I like the mirror feature.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your TV support mirroring to the Tablet? Great! I find it so useful for 'not holding it in' when there's something interesting going on hehehehe However, I did find the image is quite darker on the tablet than it is on the TV; does this happen to you as well? I wish there was a setting for that... It's not overly annoying, but in very dark scenes, the action is quite hard to see in the tablet.

jazzbass12

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ya my TV is a Samsung Smart tv. Mirror works great. It is a tad darker though like your is. Great feature though. I just picked up the Smart TV. Good combo.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Does your TV support mirroring to the Tablet? Great! I find it so useful for 'not holding it in' when there's something interesting going on hehehehe However, I did find the image is quite darker on the tablet than it is on the TV; does this happen to you as well? I wish there was a setting for that... It's not overly annoying, but in very dark scenes, the action is quite hard to see in the tablet.
What about using a galaxy tab like a Bluetooth keyboard in apps such as VUDU or Netflix to search for items on a Samsung smart tv?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there should be an app that lets you emulate that... But you can use the Smart View app from Samsung and it also acts like a keyboard for the Smart TV (as long as it's Samsung). HOWEVER, I've found that some apps don't map input properly. For instance, Netflix, when you click on the 'search' field, won't spawn a keyboard but a custom, ugly, letter-by-letter search box, so you can't really use the app's keyboard there.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there should be an app that lets you emulate that... But you can use the Smart View app from Samsung and it also acts like a keyboard for the Smart TV (as long as it's Samsung). HOWEVER, I've found that some apps don't map input properly. For instance, Netflix, when you click on the 'search' field, won't spawn a keyboard but a custom, ugly, letter-by-letter search box, so you can't really use the app's keyboard there.

Thanks!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Dont know.... But "Watch On" is sort of lame other than it can be programmed as a remote for different TV's in different rooms.... The programming formation is pretty sketchy... Only lists about half the channels I have on my Dish Satellite .. And its pretty hard to search through...

Dale

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the mouse is slow because it is slow in the TV browser itself, that's why the other user's suggestion of actually using the browser in your tablet and mirroring to the TV made sense :p
Not if u want to watch Netflix with mouth in sync with sound

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not if u want to watch Netflix with mouth in sync with sound

I've never had any issues with sound sync when mirroring my screen to my TV, but I did when I had an older router, so as long as you have a strong, fast connection to your TV it shouldn't be an issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For HD video over WiFi, probably not... Remember, if you're connecting the TV and device to mirror it, it's not going through internet, just your WiFi Router. So you may have a 90Mbps connection but a Gigabit router, and that will improve things drastically. BUT if there are 10 devices connected to your router at the same time, then you are not getting the full bandwidth, which may reduce the performance (1 GBps / 10 devices = 100Mbps per device)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12