Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) or Wait for Pro?

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Was thinking of picking up the 2014 Note seeing how my Xoom died. Was wondering from the current owners if the 2014 is that great to go get it now or wait to see what the "Pro" line is and when it comes out? May mean a price drop for the 2014 you think?

Thanks for the help

Posted via Android Central App

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Was thinking of picking up the 2014 Note seeing how my Xoom died. Was wondering from the current owners if the 2014 is that great to go get it now or wait to see what the "Pro" line is and when it comes out? May mean a price drop for the 2014 you think?

Thanks for the help

If your asking about the general experience with the current one, it's amazing. About the question of whether you should wait for the note or not, I would recommend you wait until CES is over and then see. If nothing is announced there, just take the Note 10.1, if they announce then there will probably be a price cut, and then you can either go for the new Note Pro or take the 10.1 for cheaper. Anyhow, I would recommend you wait for the CES before you decide.

Mrteeth

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Prices on electronics always seems to go down. Some faster than others. With that said, certain tech items doesn't depreciate that much. The Note 10.1 is one of them. That means, you can hold out for a few months, but you'll find it won't drop that much in price. Everyone always say, "Just wait until the next one comes out". Well you can do that if you choose. Or you can enjoy the device RIGHT NOW.

If you need one right now, then buy it right now. If you don't need it, then wait for a few months and see where the prices fall to. CES takes place in a few weeks. But stuff introduced at CES won't be sold for months to come. Let's say Samsung decides to launch the Pro during summer. You won't see it in stores for 6-7 months. Based on what I've seen the 2014 version will drop, but only by a $20-$30. You're not going to buy one for $400 by summer. I can almost guarantee you that.

I bought my Note 10.1 in March 2013. At the time I bought it used for $325. The thing still sells for $300 6-9 months later.

My suggestion? Buy the 2014 version now.

Last edited:

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'll def be waiting for CES seeing how its less than a week a way. I think I read on another site the 10.1 pro will be launching around week 7 of q1. Hopefully Sammy announces the pro line at CES so I can see what the specs/price will be. If it's that much of an upgrade I'll wait. If not I'll be hitting Best Buy for the 2014 edition. I've somehow made it a few weeks without a tablet, sure I can wait another couple.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I may be wrong about this but I thought the Pro was only for the Tab models? I have not seen or read anything that suggests the Notes will be getting a Pro model. If you have could you provide a link?
Kevin

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So, whats your guys opinion of the 10.1 tab pro? A note without the s pen? Im not a techie but it looks as if the specs are generally the same. I think Ill be off to best buy later in the week for the note

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Saw the reviews at CES. First off, not going to be great to hold like the Note now. It is much bigger. 2nd, it's not going to be cheap. 3rd, it was just introduced at CES, means it won't be ready for public consumption until mid Summer or later. I don't feel the need to have a 12.2" screen. I am holding a tablet. 10" is big enough. Also, I don't feel the need to have 4 screens open at the same time. I barely make use of dual screens as it is.

As nice as the thing sound, I don't think it's that practical for 90% of us.

hj3806

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Saw the reviews at CES. First off, not going to be great to hold like the Note now. It is much bigger. 2nd, it's not going to be cheap. 3rd, it was just introduced at CES, means it won't be ready for public consumption until mid Summer or later. I don't feel the need to have a 12.2" screen. I am holding a tablet. 10" is big enough. Also, I don't feel the need to have 4 screens open at the same time. I barely make use of dual screens as it is.

As nice as the thing sound, I don't think it's that practical for 90% of us.

Is mid-summer typically what the timeframe is for products introduced at CES? I keep reading it'll be available Q1 of 2014.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The note pro has a 12.2 screen but the tab pro comes in 12.2, 10.1 and 8.4.

The current Note 10.1 2014 edition has the same specs as the pro series so realistically, the 10.1 2014 edition can be rightfully consider as Samsung's first Pro.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I want the Note 12.2 but not sure when it will be out so I ordered the 2014 Note.. I still plan to upgrade eventually. :)

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I want the Note 12.2 but not sure when it will be out so I ordered the 2014 Note.. I still plan to upgrade eventually. :)

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

First off, this is a good thread. This is the same EXACT question I was going to post.

From reading, it help me make up my mind. I am going to get the CURRENT 10.1 2014 version.

My reasons are, that the 10 inch screen is enough for me, since I commute on bicycles and motorcycles, and lightness and size are big factors for me. I have a Note 3, and a Galaxy Gear, and a Chromebook. Chromebook nice, but the 10.1 2014 is killer over the ChromeBook, and the screen on the 10.1 about 100 levels over amazing. A couple weeks ago I was in a Best Buy store getting my Note 3 and Gear configured, hen another customer pulled out his 10.1 2014 and his Note 3..Wow..

Then to hear about the Pro coming out, not that much of a difference, plus the wait time. I am getting the 10.1 2014, in a week or sooner before the wife noticed I spent the money... :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Congrats ! Enjoy :) Day 3 for me and still discovering plenty of things !

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Picked up the 2014 note today. Love it

Congrats to you both!!

Any of you sporting a bluetooth keyboard case yet?

I think I am going to get a bluetooth case, along with a tempered glass screen before I get mine. So, I can slip it right in the case from the git go..

Plus, are there any sales out there? $599 for the 32gb... Would like to see that go to $550...

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to you both!!

Any of you sporting a bluetooth keyboard case yet?

I think I am going to get a bluetooth case, along with a tempered glass screen before I get mine. So, I can slip it right in the case from the git go..

Plus, are there any sales out there? $599 for the 32gb... Would like to see that go to $550...

No I haven't sprung for a keyboard just yet... I seem to be doing fine typing without one so far !
I am also really reticent what with all the threads regarding spotty Bluetooth performance... seems like the only real fix if you have those issues is to return your tablet and get an exchange... and one poster exchanged it and their second unit had the same issues after 1 week of use... I haven't tested out BT yet and I am not sure I want to find out if I have a problem because returning an item that was shipped from Hong Kong to New York and then to here via ebay is going to be a huge, lengthy headache, even with the Square Trade warranty. If I do end up with any issues, I'll wait for Samsung to out a proper dock for this tablet and get a USB powered keyboard & mouse.
Hope you enjoy your new toy ! :)

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang I hope the Note Pro does come out this quarter. I'm going to give it until My B'day in March to drop, if not I'll get the 10.1 2014. I have the Note 3 phablet, but my oldest son hijacked my Ipad, (tired of fighting over it…lol) so I'm in the market for a new tablet.