help please! flash player

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I've read on here what to do. My android settings is set to accept unknown sources. I've downloaded dolphin browser went to Web content enabled desktop, and flash player set to on demand, downloaded apk and it still won't work. It says no application to open and this device doesn't support flash i tried mozilla as well set settings according to directions on here and it won't open. I downloaded boat browser but that browser acts all buggy on my tablet so i took it off. Last night when i tried to watch a flash video dolphin crashed twice. Do i have a lemon maybe? I got tnis a few days ago from amazon. If anyone has suggestions I would really appreciate it. thanks. I'm also experiencing some lag and i turned animations off turned off unnecessary apps including my magazine. I amusing nova launcher as well.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
After you download the apk file, you must run it. Think of it like a setup.exe file(in windows speak), it has to run to install. Find it, probably in your download folder, and tap on it. Once it installs go back to either dolphin or, I prefer Firefox, and check the settings. It should work then.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you turned off My Magazine, I assume you're rooted? In any case, remember that just because you CAN install Flash doesn't mean it will be perfect. Flash is LONG GONE, support for the plugin is dead for Android for over a year now, and any installation is bound to be buggy. Sorry to be blunt, but it is. It's like installing software from 1995 onto Windows 8 and expecting a perfect experience.

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not rooted. Just stopped it from running due to people saying on that it causes lag. Download says save only no run option. I tried Firefox as well says this device not compatible.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
you won't see a run option. you have to find the download file thru a file manager, I use astro file, but I think the Note comes with My Files. Look in the download folder for the file, and tap it.

here is what the install dialog looks like from My Files , download folder

2014-01-04-12-18-42.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's my question...if you're not rooted, how did you stop MyMagazine from running? The "Turn Off" button is grayed out because it's considered a system file.

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I did that. All I get is a white screen with a dinky download icon in the middle. I hit that and I get flash player settings but when I go to the website baynews9.com and play news videos it won't play them.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh here is something else to check. On Firefox, as well as other browsers, for flash to work, you have to be loading the desktop view version of the page. I just tried it with that setting not checked, and tried a video on the bay9 site and it did in fact crash the browser. Checked the desktop view, tried again, perfect flash.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Force Closing MyMagazine will stop it, for a while... but since this is a system process (for some reason), TouchWiz restarts it eventually, so it will run again. The only way to turn an app off is to, well, turn it off in the Application Manager. Problem is, unless you're rooted, system apps cannot be turned off (and most shouldn't really, unless you want your phone to malfunction, but in the case of MyMagazine it's just a dumb imposition).

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I put desktop on Firefox here is what happened. The commercial ran but the picture lagged behind the voice a little. Then when the actual news video came on I heard the voice but video screen was black

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have 32GB version. My signal not real strong in the bedroom. I have bright house cable owned by Timewarner. I have a router modem combo box running 30mpbs. I don't know if medium to weak depending on the time of day. I tell u this wondering if signal could be the issue.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
weak signal can affect playback. But it sounds like some progress with flash and Firefox in desktop view. Try going to hbo.com
if it waits a bit, then you get a gray spinning circle, then the hbo main page, flash is working.

here are the 2 versions of hbo.com

2014-01-04-16-04-36.jpg

2014-01-04-16-05-48.jpg

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 32GB version. My signal not real strong in the bedroom. I have bright house cable owned by Timewarner. I have a router modem combo box running 30mpbs. I don't know if medium to weak depending on the time of day. I tell u this wondering if signal could be the issue.

is your bedroom far from your router? May want to consider a WiFi repeater,

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow what a bummer and mystery. What I do in these situations is re trace my steps and start from scratch.

Uninstall Firefox
re download a fresh copy of the file install_flash_player_ics.apk
reinstall Firefox
go to my files and find and install install_flash_player_ics.apk
go to the settings on firefox, and plugins and enable flash

Try again. I really feel for you, I KNOW how frustrating it is to try to do something that seems like it should be so simple and seems to be working for others. I have been there myself, but eventually perseverance pays off! :) Hope you get it.