Galaxy Note 10.1: My baby arrived last night 😊

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been contributing to this forum for a couple of weeks now and I finally received my baby... Black SM-P605 LTE 32GB and I could not be happier. Let me start by saying this is a great forum and I have enjoyed interacting with many of you... a really great bunch 😊 I started setting it up last night and it took a while to get all my Google stuff/apps synced... bunch of 920 errors but I finally got it all sorted.TW was a tad laggy when I first set up but I switched to Nova right away and all is smooth now. I have enabled the Developer options, turned off Samsung Push Services and S Voice, enabled Flash... did I leave out any steps to optimize my setup ? I was not able to turn off or disable My Magazine... guess you have to root for that ? I'm sure that I'll have questions by the weekend when I'll have more time to play around with it 😊

Last edited by a moderator:

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: My baby arrived last night 😊

I've been looking for the late version.. Where did you get yours?

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

In Canada, they were only selling the white 32gb WiFi tabs and here in Montreal it was almost impossible to find any available units... I really wanted the black LTE version so I had no choice but to pay an arm and a leg on ebay 😊 I got the 2 year Square Trade warranty so I'm all set 😆

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you are off to a great, and well thought out start. Did you turn off the animations, after enabling dev options? You say you got the LTE one, wilI you set that up with a carrier, it just use the wifi?

I'm really happy for you, after waiting on the sidelines to finally be officially IN the club. I can't wait to hear all the new fun you find to have with this very cool piece of technology.

:-D

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you are off to a great, and well thought out start. Did you turn off the animations, after enabling dev options? You say you got the LTE one, wilI you set that up with a carrier, it just use the wifi?
I'm really happy for you, after waiting on the sidelines to finally be officially IN the club. I can't wait to hear all the new fun you find to have with this very cool piece of technology.
:-D
Thanks :) I didn't touch the animations to be honest... not exactly sure what to adjust and by how much... haven't really noticed any real lag yet with Nova so not sure if it's even necessary ! I got the LTE unlocked version so that when I go on vacation, I can just buy a local prepaid sim card for voice and data. I set up the phone part (contacts etc) by swapping out my S4's sim card... I put it back in my phone and now the tablet just shows the SIM card missing symbol at the top. I am still a novice at all this actually... how do I know if I have the latest update ? Do I look at the Baseband or the Build Number ? The baseband ends in MJ4 and the build number ends in MJ6 and I know my tablet was shipped here from Hong Kong. I still can't set the English (US) keyboard as the default... the Chinese one was on there initially. I switched it to the Samsung keyboard in English so I'm all good. I only had one small update when I first turned on my machine. I'll probably pester you this weekend with some more questions :)

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could someone tell me how to enable flash? Thanks in advance.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could someone tell me how to enable flash? Thanks in advance.

Go to Settings, > General > Security and make sure down load from other sources is enabled

download this file:
install_flash_player_ics (19).apk - 4.49 MB

find the downloaded file in a file manager, My Files comes on the tablet, and tap it to install

install Firefox (or whatever other browser that supports flash)

in the browser settings, enable Flash

That should do it
:)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Go to Settings, > General > Security and make sure down load from other sources is enabled

download this file:
install_flash_player_ics (19).apk - 4.49 MB

Clicking that link brought me to something called an iLivid download, although it at first looked like the apk. I mistakenly installed iLivid--which I sure didn't want to do. Is there a way to get just to the APK file?

find the downloaded file in a file manager, My Files comes on the tablet, and tap it to install

install Firefox (or whatever other browser that supports flash)

in the browser settings, enable Flash

That should do it
:)

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi... when you click on the link it brings you to the download page filled with a few ad-spam download buttons... you need to click on the second Download button, the one directly above the green arrow. That should get you the proper file loaded onto your device.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Ya those file repository sites can be tricky. Just read the screens carefull to just get the file. May be easier on a PC, to right click download, then just copy the file to the tablet

2014-01-09-15-05-34.jpg

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm still amazed at all the things you can do on this baby :) I mean split screen Facebook and Maps plus one pen window playing a live news video via the browser and another pen window with the YouTube app broadcasting a video to my paired Smart LG TV !
I tried to impress my coworkers today by offering to take the notes at our weekly meeting. I used S Note for the first time and I was able to handwrite all the meeting minutes... it was so easy to write on it ! I bragged that I would convert it to text and email them a PDF lol I think I spoke to quickly :) When I converted the text (a few lines at a time) it was hit and miss where I didn't form my letters fully... problem was that when it converted, it placed blocks of text on my page that were not exactly aligned with the margin of the page so it looked like I typed something with an epileptic typewriter. It was impossible to quickly fix up the text into well spaced paragraphs so I gave up and typed up the minutes on my PC. But it was a decent first attempt. I might try something like LectureNotes... anybody here use that ? 2014-01-14-19-36-04.jpg

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Well other than the hand writing thing, isn't it fun, awesome, amazing, to be able to manipulate all the windows? True multitasking on a tablet Take that, iPad! *snicker snicker* ;-)

I love how I can edit and update webpages for clients, on the fly, and so many other things.

So glad you are enjoying it.

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Already said this in another thread. Make sure you register the product. Many free things come along with it. As in, 25 dollars for Google play store, 50 dollars to Samsung app store, 50GB for two years with dropbox, hull plus for three months free, and a few other things. Welcome to the forums. I`m new too

Sent from my SM-P600

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Already said this in another thread. Make sure you register the product. Many free things come along with it. As in, 25 dollars for Google play store, 50 dollars to Samsung app store, 50GB for two years with dropbox, hull plus for three months free, and a few other things. Welcome to the forums. I`m new too

Sent from my SM-P600

Thanks :) Unfortunately, aside from Dropbox, all the other free goodies are only available in the US.
Even if we were willing to pay, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, HBO Go or any other decent streaming service are not available in Canada.
Even our version of Netflix is watered down with a lot of missing content. Our Smart TV's come preloaded with the Weather Network, Crackle, Facebook, Netflix and a few other useless streaming services. I didn't mean to turn my reply into a rant but it sucks to be a Canuck sometimes lol