Google Now voice activation

jemsurvey

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

The voice activation does not work in Google Now on my tablet. I have the option in the settings checked for it to be active. I can activate voice commands by clicking the microphone but nothing happens when I say "OK Google" when in Google Now. This works fine on my Galaxy S4 phone. Also noted is that there is no text in the search box that says Say OK Google as it does on my phone. Anyone have any idea why this wouldn't be working properly?

Thanks, John

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably it hasn't been updated yet. The Google Search/Google Now app was, to the best of my knowledge, being slowly updated to all devices so that you could say "OK Google" even after you made a search. If it's not updated, you should only see the "OK Google" prompt in the main screen, but once it goes into search results, you're stuck with the microphone.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

The voice activation does not work in Google Now on my tablet. I have the option in the settings checked for it to be active. I can activate voice commands by clicking the microphone but nothing happens when I say "OK Google" when in Google Now. This works fine on my Galaxy S4 phone. Also noted is that there is no text in the search box that says Say OK Google as it does on my phone. Anyone have any idea why this wouldn't be working properly?

Thanks, John
It's called "Google Always Listening" that comes with new Google Experience launcher in 4.4. This function is only available in 4.4 and Note 2014 is still on 4.3.

jemsurvey

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes,
Strange thing is that it started working tonight after I rebooted for another reason. I say strange since I have rebooted many times and yet it has only started to work tonight. I'll see if it sticks. Thanks for the replies.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I think he's asking about the "OK Google" in Google Now, not in the launcher (the S4 is not on 4.4 either :p).

S4 do have 4.4, but only on Googe Play Edition. :p

Yes,
Strange thing is that it started working tonight after I rebooted for another reason. I say strange since I have rebooted many times and yet it has only started to work tonight. I'll see if it sticks. Thanks for the replies.
Might be some bug or app that interfere with Google Now voice then. But anyway, glad it sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC