Poetic Slimline vs Moko Ultra Slim

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading up on case and these two seems to be the one for me. My two biggest concerns are overall build quality (I've heard mixed reviews on the poetic) and the magnets affecting the S-pen (issues with both I think). The tablet is primarily used in landscape mode and I would have the screen flap flipped all the way back. Do either one of these hold the flap when held in this position without putting the tablet to sleep? The odd time I'd like to have the tablet propped up for watching movies, so how the case holds up in this situation is important too. Would love to get so feedback on both from those who have experience with either. Thanks!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moko. Not sure which one, but I like it and the cover can be folded back, and doesn't mess with putting the screen to sleep when you do that, but it does function properly by turning on and off the screen when opened and closed from the front. This whole thing about magnets hurting the Note seems like some sort of very isolated Internet legend to me. I wouldn't worry about it

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have experience with both and on the same tablet. You should be able to find my review on both. In case you didn't, the Moko is the pits. The overall quality and feel is cheap. It stinks, the cutouts are ragged, the inside that touches the screen is not very smooth and the business card and sd card holders leave a sticky (from the glue) line on the screen. The Poetic costs the same and is 100% nicer. Quality feel and look. Doesn't stink. Inside flap is soft and very smooth. Not glue. Cutouts line up perfectly.
Not sure about your "putting the screen to sleep" question. My tab goes to sleep unless I set it not to go to sleep. Mine is primarily in landscape too and stays upright just fine.
Oh, see you're asking abou the Ultra Slim Moko. I had the regular slim Moko.

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It was hard looking up reviews of the moko ultra slim on Amazon because they were mixed in with review for the tab models as well. I found some YouTube videos on the Poetic that looked promising and nothing for the ultra slim for the note 10.1 2014, so I'll give the Poetic a shot. Thanks for the help folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance