Best Music Player

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
What is best music player app out there..... Most have two issues I want to get past.....

One is playlist, most want to have them hard coded, ( playlist file in memory) and I want one that is dynamic (can change on the fly)....

Other is I have many .wav files and need to edit song title and artist information, and most players will not allow any edits in .wav files....

Yes converting files is option, but its another step I choose not to do....

Dale

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What is best music player app out there..... Most have two issues I want to get past.....

One is playlist, most want to have them hard coded, ( playlist file in memory) and I want one that is dynamic (can change on the fly)....

Other is I have many .wav files and need to edit song title and artist information, and most players will not allow any edits in .wav files....

Yes converting files is option, but its another step I choose not to do....

Dale

I like PowerAmp. I am not sure if it can do what you want. It is a paid app but has a 2 week trial, so nothing really to lose. Otherwise, I like it's UI and it can play many file types that others can't.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly, I am not a audio-phile but I do like my music to sound good (to my ears). My question is, do the apps themselves affect the sound quality or is that just dependent on the music file/format and hardware?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Admittedly, I am not a audio-phile but I do like my music to sound good (to my ears). My question is, do the apps themselves affect the sound quality or is that just dependent on the music file/format and hardware?

I think it's both. Poweramp has an equalizing feature where you can boost what you want. Some other players seem too quiet but you can adjust volume in Poweramp separately from your phone's settings.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ditto, Power Amp fan as well. In addition to the equalizer controls it has other tweaks that customize and improve sound... All great adjustments for the wide range of listening habits and speaker choices... from earphones, to stereos, using wires, bluetooth whatever... Power Amp user for years... It really spoils you...

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So if you enjoy a wide range of music (which I do) does that mean you need to change settings with each song if it's a different style/genre than the one before it?

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
No, it varies more for me by what I'm listening on... But they do have an unlimited preset option for genres, etc...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't, but you certainly can if you want to. I've increased volume in Poweramp but mostly leave the rest default and it sounds fine to me, but I don't have golden ears. :)

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Installed Poweramp (trial) , and I can it does what I want...... Actually more than I want, but extras are just a bonus.... When I have more time and more experience with it, I think I'm really going to like it....

Now only have 121 more artists I have to figure out who they are and edit their songs....

Dale

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
You will enjoy it alot Dale... Look thru the settings and their categories to see what is there under the hood... Check out the gapless options and the EQ... I also love their playlists set up... PoweAmp interfaces with your phone or tablet too in EVERY aspect starting automatically if desired, pausing for other apps/uses, restarting again for appropriate settings or just for bluetooth or headphones if plugged in, etc... a very powerful app... great sound and great user friendly app...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

srschacher

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Also take a look at Player Pro. I compared Power Amp and Player Pro, and went with this one. On my Galaxy S and S3, it seemed to have the better sound quality to me. Note that the equalizer is a separate download of a free plug-in. The free version is fully functional and not time-limited, but it will constantly throw up nag screens.

castawaydave

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
One very important thing for me is the shuffle feature. I have 2,468 songs in 5 categories and I want a the shuffle option to shuffle the songs without playing any song again until every song has been played once. (unless I choose to reset the shuffle). Currently I may hear the same song twice in one day. That was the same fault with my Ipod. So I'd like to find a free player that truly shuffles all songs.

astrohip

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
WAV files have no standard for tagging, unlike MP3 or FLAC or most other formats. While there are some players or taggers that will tag them, the tags often don't transfer, or show up in other players.

If TAGS are really important to you, you should convert them to another format, and then tag them. Otherwise, you are creating orphan tag files.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante