Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) BT keyboard issues

singh360

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys
New to android new to the forum too. Still rocking a blackberry but recent brought the note. Loving it at the moment bit of a learning curve.
I wanted to use the note to do some work and having done lots of looking brought the anker ultra thin BT keyboard. Connects fine. Works in most apps. But in Kings soft and email it goes mad and won't type properly. It's putting spaces in just cannot get to type as it should. Soon as switch to polaris it's works fine. Really really strange. Is it the setting of the note keyboard? Have read that's causing issues for some people? Any ideas people?
Plus how can set up my screen with widgets properly? Cant quite the hang of a widget!! Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
There are indeed some issues with the keyboard, and these issues seem to change according to the application you're in. Hopefully a Samsung update will sort this at some stage, but in the meantime, a lot of folks have gained some satisfaction by downloading other keyboard apps, a lot of which are free.

To minimise the lag , open the notification panel and switch off most if not all of the gimmick features, eg smart scroll, smart pause, smart stay, gps, screen mirroring, multi window, screen rotation etc. If you don't see all these touch the 4 square symbol top right to display everything. Just switch these on individually when you need them.

Next go to Settings> General, and multi tap on "about device".

At some stage a toast message will display saying ..."you are now x steps away from becoming a developer". Keep tapping until developer options comes up.

Move the slider top right to green.

Scroll down to "drawing" and change the values for "Window animation scale", "transition animator scale", and "animator duration scale" to 0.5

Exit settings and you will now find the screen transitions between apps etc, are magically twice as quick.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I did this (tap on About Device) on my 16GB GN/2014 when I thought I wanted to encrypt my SD card but found out I'd have to encrypt the tab too so I didn't do it.
BUT, I'm trying to tap on About Device on my 32GB version and nothing is happening. I've tapped it about 100 times :eek: Any ideas what the problem could be?

Welcome to the forum.
There are indeed some issues with the keyboard, and these issues seem to change according to the application you're in. Hopefully a Samsung update will sort this at some stage, but in the meantime, a lot of folks have gained some satisfaction by downloading other keyboard apps, a lot of which are free.

To minimise the lag , open the notification panel and switch off most if not all of the gimmick features, eg smart scroll, smart pause, smart stay, gps, screen mirroring, multi window, screen rotation etc. If you don't see all these touch the 4 square symbol top right to display everything. Just switch these on individually when you need them.

Next go to Settings> General, and multi tap on "about device".

At some stage a toast message will display saying ..."you are now x steps away from becoming a developer". Keep tapping until developer options comes up.

Move the slider top right to green.

Scroll down to "drawing" and change the values for "Window animation scale", "transition animator scale", and "animator duration scale" to 0.5

Exit settings and you will now find the screen transitions between apps etc, are magically twice as quick.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have to tap on the Build Number 7 times to turn on Developer options.
Build number can be found on the About Device page.
Hope that helps :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it helped a lot :) Thank you! I did changes under that setting and DO see a difference in screen transitions. Thank you Dr. Law :)

I believe you have to tap on the Build Number 7 times to turn on Developer options.
Build number can be found on the About Device page.
Hope that helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech