Stock email and Drafts

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I hated the stock email app on my phone, so never used it, but I thought I liked the stock email on this tab until I realised there doesn't seem to be a way to start an email on my note and finish it on my PC....or vice versa. The drafts folder on the tab is ONLY on the tab....and the normal drafts folder in the email account can be open and read (and contents copied even) from the note, BUT there is no editing function! That just seems incredibly short-sighted.

If anyone out there knows of a way to edit drafts started on the PC using stock email app, please tell me! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on which account type you're using. Most accounts DON'T support draft sync unless you save the message to a synced folder. GMail, however, does, but I'm not sure if you have to be using the native app for it to work.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It's gmail I'm using....so I guess it only works with the gmail app. I don't use that app except with my play store account, as I don't like the lack of control over what info gets saved and linked to my real gmail accounts.

So when you say "unless you save the draft to a synched folder"...you mean from the note or from the pc....both? None of my email accounts seem to save except to the drafts folder, I can't picture a way to do it another way...maybe im just missing something obvious though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you save the draft to a custom folder, it should sync (if the folder is set to do so, of course). That way you could do it in your PC or your Note. Also check the folder's sync options, maybe it's set to sync once a day and that's why you don't see it reflected in your PC.

UPDATE: It seems it's all in the folder settings. I just tested it with my Exchange account and lo and behold, the Draft folder was set to sync Manually, and since I never do that (everything else is set to PUSH), it never carried over drafts from the PC to my phone or viceversa. Just set your Draft folder's sync settings to PUSH and voil?! You'll see (nearly) instantly whatever you create on your PC in your Note or the other way around.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Partly I think you misunderstood what I was looking to do, but what you wrote sparked more questions :)

I never had trouble SEEING my pc drafts on my note, but rather EDITING them.

but what surprised me was that you found a way in stock email to set WHICH folders synch and how often. Mine just has 2 synch settings. How often and whether I want a different frequency during "peak hours" or not. I cant find anywhere to set folder specific options at all...or even anything referencing push...which is how i want my emails to be brought to my note (ignoring the drafts folder...is push the method used when you check sync but say manually for how often? I just don't find some of this note's apps explicit enough in the settings..) ...maybe I'm just missing the obvious because I use k-9 on my phone and it's set up so logically....I have no problem setting up similar things with it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, if I go to Settings (in the E-Mail app), then go to "Account Settings" there's a "Sync Settings" with the options you're referring to, but I do have "Push" as an option when I set the sync schedule. For individual folders, instead of going into Sync Settings, I go to "More Settings", "Folder Sync Settings". There you can control each folder individually.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I don't have either of those options you mention....must be an email-type specific difference. I'll try a non-gmail email later, see if I get different options. When I set a synch schedule, that's it...there is no difference to not setting it....and in more settings there is nothing about folders. Weird that it's so email specific.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech