Screen protector

den1959

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I was just reading the manual, Samsung recommend "not" to use a screen protector. What is all your take on this... sounds stupid to me. And I have not placed one on my Note yet,,, waiting for it to arrive.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all I was just reading the manual, Samsung recommend "not" to use a screen protector. What is all your take on this... sounds stupid to me. And I have not placed one on my Note yet,,, waiting for it to arrive.
Doesn't sound right. I'd use one anyway if you think you need it, can't imagine why they wouldn't want you to use one.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Its not stupid, its indeed correct, but its not for screen protector will harm the tablet display. Just for "user experience" (whatever peoples wanna call it?) mostly. Most OEMs manuals do not recommended using screen protector and not just Samsungs. Screen protectors are just for protecting the device screen and it will decrease the "touch feeling", compared without.
I had always used screen protectors on all mine smartphones, tablets and always ended taking it off. Just dont like the feelings interactive with the touch screen and stop to care about scratches or break the screen.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

My son has a 1st Gen 10.1, that he purchased used. I was using it for a couple days, and he told me it had scratches on the screen. Sure enough, it had scratches on the screen. Since he had purchased it used, he didn't know all about it. Yesterday, he found out it has a screen protector on it, and there are NO scratches on the original screen!!

I should be picking up my 2014 today at Bestbuy. I already have one screen protector that I purchased off Amazon to go right as soon as I get it. Also, I have I a tempered glass one on its way from China. I purchased the one on Amazon to have something on it at all times. I also purchased a case for it too. In other words, I get the cases and screen protectors before I get the item, so I can protect them from the first minute..

Just my two cents..

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Get a decent HD quality one on Amazon. That's what I did, and haven't had any issues with touch sensitivity or decrease in clarity. It just isn't wise IMHO to run the screen on this device naked, where you write on the screen with a stylus. All it takes is for sand or something to get on the tip of the stylus, and you could scratch the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
If you are a careless or carefree type user. A screen protector becomes essential. However if you are the sole user and you really care for your device then SP becomes unnecessary.
I bought my P601 and put a clear SP on it. The first few days any finger touch becomes random. I couldn't even open the note's protection where you connect the dots. I haf to use stylus all the time. By after 2 weeks of constant usage it now works normally. I think it may have something to do with the adhesive.
Ig you the anti glare SP you lose clarity and there goes all the HD quality you are paying for.
Buy one and try it out. If it don't work to your advantage peel it off.
Thats my 100 cent...

Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are a careless or carefree type user. A screen protector becomes essential. However if you are the sole user and you really care for your device then SP becomes unnecessary.
I bought my P601 and put a clear SP on it. The first few days any finger touch becomes random. I couldn't even open the note's protection where you connect the dots. I haf to use stylus all the time. By after 2 weeks of constant usage it now works normally. I think it may have something to do with the adhesive.
Ig you the anti glare SP you lose clarity and there goes all the HD quality you are paying for.
Buy one and try it out. If it don't work to your advantage peel it off.
Thats my 100 cent...

Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk

You bought a cheap one, obviously.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Even thought most screen protectors are cut around sensors, generic ones won't be. And this may be another reason why.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Even thought most screen protectors are cut around sensors, generic ones won't be. And this may be another reason why.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Agreed. That would make a lot more sense.
About the "feel" of the screen, it's also only changed by the cheap screen protectors, the good ones usually feel similar :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think this is a user's call. That is to put on a screen protector or choose not to put one on.. I choose the former. I am drop and mess up everything person. I have to be careful of myself, so you know my objects are in trouble. :D With that said, I always put a screen protector on as soon as I get an item that can use one. Ditto for my Note 3, which has a clone tempered glass, and my Note 2014.. I have one off Amazon on it now. Paid about $10 for it. I have a tempered glass coming from China. Will put that on as soon as it arrives.. Just using mine for a little over a day with the screen protector, it works okay for me..

The manual states not to use one, because it might interfere with some of the senors..

anon(1455986)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a user's call. That is to put on a screen protector or choose not to put one on.. I choose the former. I am drop and mess up everything person. I have to be careful of myself, so you know my objects are in trouble. :D With that said, I always put a screen protector on as soon as I get an item that can use one. Ditto for my Note 3, which has a clone tempered glass, and my Note 2014.. I have one off Amazon on it now. Paid about $10 for it. I have a tempered glass coming from China. Will put that on as soon as it arrives.. Just using mine for a little over a day with the screen protector, it works okay for me..

The manual states not to use one, because it might interfere with some of the senors..
You say in a couple posts "I have a tempered glass coming from China." Can you please post a link, or give more info on where you ordered it from? I really would like a tempered glass so for my Note 2014 but I have yet to find one. Best I found was the Armor Suit on Amazon, but it doesn't state it is tempered glass.Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Ultra Clear Screen Protector + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

Thanks!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You say in a couple posts "I have a tempered glass coming from China." Can you please post a link, or give more info on where you ordered it from? I really would like a tempered glass so for my Note 2014 but I have yet to find one. Best I found was the Armor Suit on Amazon, but it doesn't state it is tempered glass.Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Ultra Clear Screen Protector + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

Thanks!

Here you go..

Touch Screen Tempered Glass Film Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 2014 2nd | eBay

They have two on Amazon.. One I think is the same above only $2 more..
Amazon.com : Generic Tempered Glass LCD Film Screen Protector Guard Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 P600 Color Clear : Electronics

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Here you go..

They have two on Amazon.. One I think is the same above only $2 more..
Amazon.com : Generic Tempered Glass LCD Film Screen Protector Guard Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 P600 Color Clear : Electronics

You gotta love the description on Amazon :D

Description??
1.Around and key hole position using advanced cambered surface process, and has the feel is good anti crushing easy point control etc, visual effect is excellent
2.Glass material after high temperature steel processing, surface hardness up to eight , impact resistance is strong, not easy and scratches
3. cutting fine, can perfect, after loading stick, to more agile, cambered surface impact effect causes the handset screen more solid
4.High-end silicone resin film laminating, make toughened glass protection screen more completely, more human, even if broken, also won't splash around
5.High quality antistatic adsorption film use, make the product joint and split simple, convenient operation
6.Drain oil coating product oil pollution prevention, acid and alkali resistant, resistant to fingerprint, eternal clear and clean
7.Tempered glass protection screen high transparent
8.Long time use, eyes not easily fatigue, better protect vision
9.This surface is flat
NOTE:
1.This is a glass product, please use a case with your glass screen protector to avoid chipping/cracking.
2.Do not reuse the glass screen protector once applied.
3.Using excessive force when installing/removing the screen protector may damage your product.
4.Compatibility:Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600

anon(1455986)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
1st one says shipping Feb 4 thru Feb 12

The amazon one has 1 review that says shipping is in march.
Tough to get a tempered glass screen protector these days!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
1st one says shipping Feb 4 thru Feb 12

The amazon one has 1 review that says shipping is in march.
Tough to get a tempered glass screen protector these days!

Mine just came today. I have not open the package yet. Didn't feel like taking the Note out the keyboard case. Lazy, will do it tomorrow. This was abotu 10 days shipped from China.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Not a good pic, I am a novice with camera too. :). Anyway, I installed the Tempered Glass on the 2014..($17.99 shipped off Ebay) I took off the $10 one that I got off Amazon, which IMO, was doing a good job. However, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and I like the no bubbles, and hoping that if the worst happens to either one of my Notes, the tempered glass will take the hit. I peeled off the old one, screen was alreadly clean, but I wiped it again. Pulled out the temp glass, and I always get confused on which side is which. So, I touched the edge to make sure which is the sticky side.. To my surprise, my first attempt was spot on as far as being even all around. Rubbed out the few bubbles. and now I have clear tempered glass on both my Notes..

galgroup70.jpg

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I was originally thinking tempered glass, went with AmFilm. It is very good. It does not impede touch. The camera works fine despite no cut out.
I am very happy with it. The display still looks great.

I would add that I just can't imagine using it without a screen protector.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Not a good pic, I am a novice with camera too. :). Anyway, I installed the Tempered Glass on the 2014..($17.99 shipped off Ebay) I took off the $10 one that I got off Amazon, which IMO, was doing a good job. However, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and I like the no bubbles, and hoping that if the worst happens to either one of my Notes, the tempered glass will take the hit. I peeled off the old one, screen was alreadly clean, but I wiped it again. Pulled out the temp glass, and I always get confused on which side is which. So, I touched the edge to make sure which is the sticky side.. To my surprise, my first attempt was spot on as far as being even all around. Rubbed out the few bubbles. and now I have clear tempered glass on both my Notes..

http://www.cehoward.net/galgroup70.jpg

cehoward

Please give us your experience with the tempered glass. How difficult is it to mount. How do the feel of the glass compared to the previous screen and how do the tablet behaves with this glass on.

I have been thinking about upgrading my current Amfilm to the tempered glass and your replies will be helpful. Thanks.