Note 10.1 2014 Bluetooth Issue

reelbiggecko

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, troubleshooting an issue I'm having with my Note 10.1 2014. When I try to pair it with my JBL Charge Bluetooth Speaker, the tablet cannot find the speaker even if they're right next to each other in the same room. I've tried messing with the timeout settings with no luck.

I know it's not a problem with the speaker, as my GS4 phone finds it and pairs instantly every time. And I know the Note has had some Bluetooth problems for other users, so was wondering if anyone knows how to help my poor tablet find Bluetooth devices when it seems to be refusing to. Thanks,

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of threads about Bluetooth issues over on XDA.
Nobody seems to have found a solution and it seems to be more of a hardware issue than a software issue. Some units, bought from the same store within the same time frame have issues while others do not. Most who were able to return their tablet ended up with a replacement that did not have the same issue... one poster is on to his third tablet and so far so good for him. The majority of reported problems are about unstable connections with BT keyboards. Workarounds included playing with the timeout sessions or streaming music to BT headphones while typing on the keyboard. I did not see many people mention not being able to connect at all. If a factory reset does not help, you might want to exchange the tablet if you still can. Good luck !

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
These BT issues are really confusing (to me). Are the earlier serial numbers the ones that are affected? If someone were to buy one now, would they have BT problems? I bought my 16GB in mid Dec from Newegg. No BT issues. My 32GB version was purchased about 2 weeks ago again from Newegg. No problem with my K810 keyboard or my Jawbone Jambox BT speaker. In fact the speaker is connected right now and has been for over an hour. Is Samsung addressing this problem?

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
We bought the 32Gb Note 2014 in mid Dec. No problem pairing with a Creative D100 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker. Once paired I sometimes have to tap the Creative D100 entry on the Note's Bluetooth setting to reconnect.

reelbiggecko

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried a factory reset with no luck. Guess I will have to try to exchange it unless anyone knows any other tricks I'm not aware of. Out of curiosity, does this smell like a hardware issue or something that a Samsung update could theoretically fix?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried a factory reset with no luck. Guess I will have to try to exchange it unless anyone knows any other tricks I'm not aware of. Out of curiosity, does this smell like a hardware issue or something that a Samsung update could theoretically fix?

Out of curiosity have you tried another JBL Charge Bluetooth Speaker? I noticed you are only profiling this one item. Also, another check would be to take the JBL to a store, and used their 1014 to see if it will connect..

reelbiggecko

May 30, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I was able to tinker with my JBL settings enough for apparently something to click and the tablet to recognize it. There's still clearly a Bluetooth issue with my tablet, as it just does not like to recognize new devices. But thankfully there was a workaround in this instance that did not require going back to the store.

JDM762

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note® 10.1 2014 Edition. And it certainly does have a serious Bluetooth problem. Tonight I tried two keyboards with it. Both will disconnect anywhere from 5-45 seconds, even while I'm typing. A couple keystrokes and they reconnect, but only for a few seconds. I also have two Galaxy S4 phones, and both keyboards work perfectly with them. I am at my wit's end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz