Disable "My Magazine"

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know how to disable "My Magazine"... Don't want it, seem to always end up there, what a pain...

Dale

Yeah. Can't be disabled without root. All you can do is prevent it from opening with the home button

Posted via Android Central App

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
If you go into settings in my magazine, I think you can make the home button change.... Or is it the swipe up you can disable. I don't have my magazine set up since a factory reset so I don't want to try to find out.

But a better solution is to use a different launcher, I never see my magazine with Nova launcher, and didn't with apex launcher either. For me, that alone is worth not using touch wiz.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the way I did: it is not really disable the magazine, but has nothing for it todo. I disable all category but personal(you need to have at least one selected) then only enable only area that has no data, in my case is video. That sort of has the magazine do nothing.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
How????

Dale

Go to the My Mag screen. Hit the tablet settings button. There are only 2 options, one for content, the other for the home button. Disable/uncheck. Thereafter, it will be accessible by swiping from bottom to top only. You might like it more then. :)

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Go to the My Mag screen. Hit the tablet settings button. There are only 2 options, one for content, the other for the home button. Disable/uncheck. Thereafter, it will be accessible by swiping from bottom to top only. You might like it more then. :)

That is better, but still wish it would go away altogether as I have no interest in what it presents...

Thank You...

Dale

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
To each his own.

My only complaint---there is no way to configure it to pull in exactly what I want instead of generic news stories. Otherwise, it saves me a lot of time instead of using my RSS feed.

darryl-public

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I was on the phone 3x with technical support (last 2 times with second level support): Verizon keeps attempting to update their voicemail ap on phone despite me using a third party voice mail ap; NFL mobile attempts to update despite me removing from phone and My Magazine cannot be deactivated. This is especially annoying when a simple inadvertent motion causes it to pop up on home screen. This can be dangerous when driving etc. It should be illegal for Samsung and Verizon to force crapware on a device you have purchased and causing you additional broadband charges. Tried changing setting away from My Home but still occurs. So it appears the only way to remove this is jailbraking/rooting phone which invalidates warranty. The VM and My Magazine issue still remain--- Hence the consumer is being punished either way. What am I missing here?