Viewing from HDD recorder direct.

jaythekay

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 10.1 2014 edition and a newbie to android.
I have been trying to view videos that are recorded on my Panasonic hdd recorder model dmr hw220 This is Wi-Fi enabled and works with win7 laptop.
The Note video app that came preloaded recognises it and list the videos but is unable to play them. I can download them to the tablet still they do not play with the default video player and I have to download a separate video player to view them.
I would like to view them over the Wi-Fi network straight from the Panasonic recorder without waiting to download them fist first.
Is there a video player that lets me view hdd direct?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What is the format of these videos? In the play store, you can download MXPlayer, its free and plays most formats

What exactly IS a "Panasonic hdd recorder model dmr hw220 "?

jaythekay

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The Panasonic hdd recorder is a1 TB hard disc video recorder, Wi-Fi enabled, recording live TV from an aerial/antenna.
I have downloaded the MX player and that plays the video once its downloaded to the Note. What I am after is an app to recognise the recorder,as the default app does, and then view directly via Wi-Fi from the hard disc recorder

jaythekay

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
OOps. forgot to give the format of the videos
the default video player gives the following for vids on the nearby device:-Video/vnd.dnla.mpeg-tts
when the vid is downloaded it becomes format video/mp2fs (thefile is stored at emulated/0/nearby/drwho mpeg)

Hope that helps

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
hmm. I'm stumped. Not at all familiar with that device so I guess I can't help much. Good luck, hope you can find a solution

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried VLC Player? I believe it supports streaming from other sources; it might be able to 'see' your HDD.

Last edited:

jaythekay

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Archos works. The free version of has all the codecs so it says. The only drawback, there always is one, is that it doesn't fast forward, have not tried book marking yet will get round to it. May have a problem with DLNA recordings but happy so far.
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781