NotePro 12.2" WiFi launching in UK 4 Feb with free gamepad.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Since one of my main uses is video streaming, i suppose in theory a larger one could be interesting, but really---at a certain point, it is a tablet and I don't want it to be cumbersome. In any event, not in the UK, and at that price---all I can say is that eventually Sammy has to get some price resistance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's over a thousand bucks!!! I can't imagine how much it'll cost when it arrives in Mexico hehe (it's usually 30 or 40 percent higher than in the US...it's ridiculous!). In any case, a 12.2 inch tablet... not my cup of tea. That's a laptop without a keyboard and a bit too big for my taste.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
That's over a thousand bucks!!! I can't imagine how much it'll cost when it arrives in Mexico hehe (it's usually 30 or 40 percent higher than in the US...it's ridiculous!). In any case, a 12.2 inch tablet... not my cup of tea. That's a laptop without a keyboard and a bit too big for my taste.

Yeah, really high. Sammy has become very pricey. I was willing to buy the 2014 Galaxy tablet, but i do intend for it to be kept for awhile. I just can't contemplate upgrading every year. I was willing to plunge because it really seemed like they got it right and I'd be happy (unlike the lousy Asus Tft Transformer I bought awhile back). They did get it right. Not expecting problems keeping it awhile.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Since one of my main uses is video streaming, i suppose in theory a larger one could be interesting, but really---at a certain point, it is a tablet and I don't want it to be cumbersome. In any event, not in the UK, and at that price---all I can say is that eventually Sammy has to get some price resistance.

This really got me interested. I am a 5 to 6 day newbie on the GN 2014, and it is the bomb. What makes it good for me, is my main transport is 2 wheels. I commute swiftly on the motorcycle and bicycle. No cruisers or tourers so size and weight are very important. When this 12.2 breaks, going to see how much bigger is really is over the 2014..If it falls in to my size and weight limits, I am going for it.. That 3.0 charging is a killer. My Note 3 charges so fast, it makes your head swim. On the other hand, the GN 2014 takes a while..

However, like you mentioned, the cumbersome and weight would make a difference..Either way, I am a happy camper.. :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That 64gb storage will be a plus game changer for a lot of users.. IMO, they have to bring the 2014 up to par with updates or come with a 10.1 Pro..Only speaking for myself, if that was to happen, I would either pass my 2014 down to a family member or sell it, and jump on the pro quickly. But, that 12.2 form factor is a game changer for a lot of us..Like somebody said, 10.1 is the optimum size, and in IMO, the best size for a tablet..

In the meantime, my mouth is watering over this... :D

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the size of the tablet... as it is, too many applications are currently phone versions stretched to 10 inches and they look awful. Just trying to picture those same apps stretched to 12 inches... makes you feel like you bought a 4K television and most of your channels are in SD with the bars on the side.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not just the size of the tablet... as it is, too many applications are currently phone versions stretched to 10 inches and they look awful. Just trying to picture those same apps stretched to 12 inches... makes you feel like you bought a 4K television and most of your channels are in SD with the bars on the side.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Gotta agree with you. I am sitting here, trying to twist my arm to spend my share of my tax refund before the wife gets her mitts on it..After all the rationalizing, even to the point of getting one and take it back, the Note Pro 12.2 is just too dam big...Period.. The size is a downer.. I think if they had went to exactly 11 inches, IMO, they will/would have 30 to 40% more takers.. In fact, I think they could have squeeze 11 inches out and still not change the form factor of the 10.1 2014.

So, I guess I will be looking at a upgrade on my DSLR to spend my tax refund.. :)

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
the Note Pro 12.2 is just too dam big...Period.. The size is a downer.. I think if they had went to exactly 11 inches, IMO, they will/would have 30 to 40% more takers.. In fact, I think they could have squeeze 11 inches out and still not change the form factor of the 10.1 2014.

So, I guess I will be looking at a upgrade on my DSLR to spend my tax refund.. :)

Do u see A4 paper is big? If yes, then NotePro 12.2 isnt for u and if not. Then u might consider it. I have always thougt 12.2" is too big and after find out it have same size as A4 paper. Then suddenly itsnt big as I thought, but still it weights alot and with protective case on. It will be quite heavy too carry around.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait for a Verizon LTE version and will likely get one then. One thing I regret purchasing the wifi Note 10.1 is the Exynos cannot fast charge like the Qualcomm processor in the LTE version.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do u see A4 paper is big? If yes, then NotePro 12.2 isnt for u and if not. Then u might consider it. I have always thougt 12.2" is too big and after find out it have same size as A4 paper. Then suddenly itsnt big as I thought, but still it weights alot and with protective case on. It will be quite heavy too carry around.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

I saw this on another site... Big difference in size..

12-2vs10-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae