Two device family

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My husband got the note and activated special offers at Google Play and Samsung Hub. I got jealous and just ordered my own note. I want to be able to install purchased apps on both devices. I also want to take advantage of the special offers that will come with my device. How best to do this? Do I use the same account as my husband and input my codes? Do I have to set up a separate account to get my special offers? How will I get purchased apps on both units? I don't want to mess this up. Thanks!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Good question.... My wife has Kindle and tried to add my "device" to her account on Amazon, and it ignores it when trying to download even "free" apps... Would like to know more about "accounts" experience too...

Dale

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To get the promos I'm not sure if you need a new Samsung account, which you can easily do since, I assume, your husband already has his setup or you can also get the credit with his account on a new device. In any case, you will get the Samsung credit for that account (but you can't 'share' the credit or add it to the other's account) and a code to redeem the Google Play account. This is where it gets 'fun'.

1) Since you get a code for the Google Play credit, you can add said code to any account, be it your husband's or your own. Whichever you choose, you should still create a new Google account for your tablet, it just makes things better to manage (or if you already have one, use that when setting up the tablet for the first time).
2) You can still 'share' apps between devices, so the apps your husband already purchased can be installed in your device if you add his account to your tablet or viceversa, your apps being available on his if you add your account to his device. Your 'main' account remains untouched, this will just be added as an 'extra' account and you can choose to sync nothing but apps.
3) In the case of Samsung Apps or Movies or Books purchased through the Samsung Hub, the same applies. You can't 'share' credit or purchased apps but if you add the two accounts to the same device or use the same account in both devices, you can.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Good question.... My wife has Kindle and tried to add my "device" to her account on Amazon, and it ignores it when trying to download even "free" apps... Would like to know more about "accounts" experience too...

Dale

That's odd, I have my Note 3 and Note 10.1 set up with the same Amazon account and I can purchase stuff and view whatever I've purchased in both devices. The only problem is that ever since the last Amazon Appstore app update, I haven't been able to see anything within the app anymore, on both devices, so I have to browse and purchase through the website.

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Use one Gmail address/account for multiple devices and whatever you purchase will be available on all those devices. I have 3 and do this on them, one phone and two tablets... Samsung account is the same as is Amazon... You will need another email account or you will get all the email you both get on the one email address used...I do like that though because you can have just one contact list and whoever updates anything on one device, the update will go over to the otherdevice...

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Agree with cahls. I also setup a single common google id aptly named "mai.dvices@gmail.com" and have that account on all my 8 gadgets.

I activate the sync for calendar and email only as i dont particularly like to have all my contacts "handed over willingly" to mr. Google.

It works like a charm. I enter data on any single device and all other devices follow suit. That means freedom to be using and updating on any one device and moving with another without worry of old data.

Also by doing so, if i install an app in one device, it will updatethelistof my apps in all others so i can keep on all needed apps.

I don't use the samsung ID because my devices consists of several different brands and platforms

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Will I be able to choose what to load on the second tablet? I don't want every app on both; only some of the purchased apps should be on both units.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, with the same account on both tablets, anything you purchase will be installed on the tablet you used to buy the app but also be available for the other tablet. If you buy it through Google Play's website, then you'll get a list with all the devices under that account and you get to choose to which you want it installed. Nothing will be 'forced' into all devices, just the ones you choose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non