Now that my tablet has shipped, I need suggestions on a case!

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been all over amazon reading reviews on cases for this tablet. I want something that looks nice and turns into a stand so I can read anything on my tablet while I work. The two main cases that I'm intrigued by are the Poetic slimline case and the Moko slimfit case. Does anyone here have one of these cases? I really can't decide which I want. I also want to make sure I have access to all of my ports while the case is on. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been all over amazon reading reviews on cases for this tablet. I want something that looks nice and turns into a stand so I can read anything on my tablet while I work. The two main cases that I'm intrigued by are the Poetic slimline case and the Moko slimfit case. Does anyone here have one of these cases? I really can't decide which I want. I also want to make sure I have access to all of my ports while the case is on. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

This is the case I have, I have the same one (proper fit of course) for my Tab 3, I love the way it looks and feels, it has correct openings for ports, and stands well. Its also well priced. It has magnets where they dont get in the way of any functions and comes in lots of colors. I have Navy for both my tablets and had it for my previous tablet, and Acer Iconia a500

Amazon.com: Fintie Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Folio Case - Slim Fit Book Style Leather Stand Cover NAVY (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
First, ask yourself what you want: a nice, light case that works well with the smart cover feature and provides modest protection for simple things for the screen? Or some serious armor?

In any event, see this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...014/350485-poetic-perfect-case-gn-2014-a.html

Personally, at this point, I still like the Poetic. It is a nice case, slim and well designed, quality build. But if I had to do it over again, I might well try the Roo case mentioned.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Feather Case link:Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Ultra Thin Snap-On Case | Incipio feather | Incipio

I love the description:
Enjoy lightweight protection against daily wear and tear with the feather? case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Adding less than 1mm to the rear of the device, the feather? case provides...

daily wear and tear ? as in typing and swiping lol
How about drop protection as a cool feature ?

MyNameIsMattyK: If you bought this through the Groupon deal, then I don't think you can buy Square Trade Accidental Drop protection as it is a refurbished tablet. If you bought it new from somewhere else, then don't hesitate... buy the warranty. This tablet is a china doll and you have to be extremely careful ALL the time until a real (surely thick and ugly) protective case is made for it. All of these other cases are nothing more than stands... just buy one that is mentioned in these threads or you might end up with one that has magnet issues that will affect writing abilities. Just about every poster that mentioned a shattered screen had a protective case on their tablet and it never survived a "soft drop". Another option is to install really thick, plush wall to wall carpeting at home :D

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I love the description:
Enjoy lightweight protection against daily wear and tear with the feather? case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Adding less than 1mm to the rear of the device, the feather? case provides...

daily wear and tear ? as in typing and swiping lol
How about drop protection as a cool feature ?

MyNameIsMattyK: If you bought this through the Groupon deal, then I don't think you can buy Square Trade Accidental Drop protection as it is a refurbished tablet. If you bought it new from somewhere else, then don't hesitate... buy the warranty. This tablet is a china doll and you have to be extremely careful ALL the time until a real (surely thick and ugly) protective case is made for it. All of these other cases are nothing more than stands... just buy one that is mentioned in these threads or you might end up with one that has magnet issues that will affect writing abilities. Just about every poster that mentioned a shattered screen had a protective case on their tablet and it never survived a "soft drop". Another option is to install really thick, plush wall to wall carpeting at home :D

I'm very careful with all of my devices so I'm not concerned about protection. I want something that will also convert into a stand for reading and surfing the Web. I'm leaning towards the Poetic Slim but my question is: does it come with a stand built in? The picture on amazon shows it but the description doesn't.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just realized that the Samsung book cover is the only cover that does not cover the bottom edge of tablet. This allows their cover to be compatible with the Samsung tablet dock. All the OEM book covers only have a small opening at the charging port
I found that Amazon is selling the Samsung brand book cover for $40.84 shipped.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking at cases today and wonder how you take a photo with the Samsung Book Cover on?

Do you have to hold the Note 10.1 upside down so that the flap hangs below?

I have decided on the Poetic Slimline. I would have preferred one like the NewTrent one I had on my iPd with a leather hand strap. That felt SO secure in use.

A Spigen one like my Note 3 has would have been nice in matching Yellow. Oh well. I can always get a new one when more options are available.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards the Poetic Slim but my question is: does it come with a stand built in? The picture on amazon shows it but the description doesn't.

Yes, there is a stand built in, although for landscape viewing only.In the thread I cited above, some have noted that other cases have them for both. Depends on what you need. Not a big issue for me. Your mileage may differ.

Basically the front cover is a tri-fold. You open it, flip it back and just fold it to where it forms a support ridge, and then supports the tablet in landscape mode. It's easier to do than talk about. ;)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I am finding this out, most likely if you don't already know, you will find this out too. :D

It seems for these very popular tablets and smartphones, it seems everybody, and I mean everybody gets multiple cases for their phone and tablet!!

I just ordered two more cases for the GN 2014..Also, with so many choices of cases, I mean, we can almost get a different case for each day of the week, a different case for what we are going to do that day, a different case because of where we are going that day.. the choices are endless, and the case makers are making sure we have a lot to chose from too. Don't feel bad if you buy a case, put it on one time, and decide you don't like it.. :D That's part of the game too. :D

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my poetic case I purchased from Amazon. .
I'm pretty sure it was under $10.00

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I had a Moko "slim"fit or not but it was a Moko. Didn't like it AT all. Cheap, smelly, had glue on it, inside that was against the screen wasn't soft and smooth, couldn't do the "swipe from side to side" for a screen capture. Cutout were less than optimal. Sent it back to Amazon for a full refund. Bought the Poetic. Couldn't be happier.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am hesitant to order the Poetic case that looks like the best fit. The last Poetic case I had fell apart and they refused to stand behind it. Not a fan of Poetic but the price/style quotient is hard to beat.

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same situation. I need a case that I can rotate from landscape to portrait for easy viewing. Do any of these cases do that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey