Best Office suite?

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello
Though I have QuickOffice on all my devices, I still would like to know which one is the best Office Suite to edit the MS Office files on android?
  1. Note 10.1 2014 - Quick Office and Polaris
  2. Nexus 7 - OfficeSuite and QuickOffice
  3. Nexus 4 - QuickOffice
Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just fine using QuickOffice, haven't really come across anything that I can't do or view in it, but then again, I do my 'power editing' on a PC...

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
None of the above. Having Quick Office, Office Suite, Documents To Go, and having used the ones installed on the tablet, Documents To Go is the least trouble free and the only one of the 3 major ones that offers Bluetooth keyboard support. This from actual usage on both the Note 10-2012 & 2014.

Sent via my Note 8

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have them all but find I use and like Kingsoft Office the best. I used to have to go back to Polaris to print anything, but with Printer Share, I can print anything, from anywhere to any of my printers, home or office.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Kingsoft? Been 6 months, will try it again. It died on large excel files. Update: installed and it opened the files. Now to check its Bluetooth support.

Sent via my Note 8

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello @bclinger#IM

Please do post your findings about Kingsoft here. I used it way before, and didnt like it. Right now I am for Polaris on Note 10.1.
Thanks

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I tested it with the Bluetooth keyboard within the spreadsheet function. The enter key worked as did the tab to go forward and shift tab to go back, the arrow keys do not function. At least it got further the others. Documents To Go is the only one fully supports a Bluetooth keyboard. Uninstalled Kingsoft.

Sent via my Note 8

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. I guess the reason Kingsoft works so well for me, is I dont use a blue tooth, or any other external keyboard. To ME, the whole point of using a Tablet is the portability and comfort of NOT being tied to a keyboard. I can sit or lounge in my recliner and be productive, with the tablet just on its own. I use Swype keyboard, and the S-Pen alot and am able to do just about anything I desire on the Note with nothing else attached.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I use the finger also. However, I am much more accurate and quicker using a keyboard than my finger. For those not using a keyboard there are few issues. As it is, until Mobisystem addresses the keyboard issue in Office Suite, Documents To Go is the only option I have and Documents To Go is no longer actively updated. Shame on them.

Via my Note 3

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. I guess the reason Kingsoft works so well for me, is I dont use a blue tooth, or any other external keyboard. To ME, the whole point of using a Tablet is the portability and comfort of NOT being tied to a keyboard. I can sit or lounge in my recliner and be productive, with the tablet just on its own. I use Swype keyboard, and the S-Pen alot and am able to do just about anything I desire on the Note with nothing else attached.

I used quick office to create a Excel and PowerPoint files and saved to my drive. I could open and edit it fine on Polaris office. Though I haven't tried adding animations to the ppt!
Thanks

MarrowK

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I sugest you all try andropen office, its free and you can find it in google play, its a full port of libre office and works great with keyboard and mouse, the only downside is that you cant save files as later office version (docx), but you can however open any file no matter the format. If you try it dont forget to scale the ui so is comfortable to use. This is my favorite office suite for android because its the one with best power point, excel, and word files compatibility.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I downloaded the andropen office suite on my note, and it does have the original menu on top, and so offers much more editability than other suites. But on note, I still prefer Polaris, unfortunately that is not available on nexus devices, only on samsung devices.

thanks

ps: still no way to add any animation even in the andropen suite.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I sugest you all try andropen office, its free and you can find it in google play, its a full port of libre office and works great with keyboard and mouse, the only downside is that you cant save files as later office version (docx), but you can however open any file no matter the format. If you try it dont forget to scale the ui so is comfortable to use. This is my favorite office suite for android because its the one with best power point, excel, and word files compatibility.

it looks good and full featured from a quick look.... But do you happen to know if it's simple to add custom fonts.... What annoys me with most of the Android office suites is the lack of fonts and more importantly the inability to add my favourite fonts that I would use on my computer.