Saving apps to SD card??

missdoc77

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering a Note 10.1 (2014) but want to know if it's necessary to buy more internal storage or if apps can be loaded to the SD card instead.... can't seem to find a very solid answer out there so hoping y'all can help. Thanks!

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32gb and yes u can load some apps not all. You can buy 64gb sd card. You could add music, movies and pics to drop box and other cloud storage.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with the 32gb, keeping all to internal memory. Pictures, noise and miscellaneous are on a 32gb card. The 64gb card s $3 more. The card brand being run is Samsung.

Via my Note 3

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Against my better judgement I went for the 16gb version. That is all I could get hold of.

I have a 64gb SD card. Anything I can get on the SD card I will. I should be ok I think

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Root

I am sure there is an external-internal swap mod out there.

Giving you 64gb internal for apps and 16gb external.

Just dont ever pull out your sd card lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised you can't find a solid answer on this since it's quite an advertised feature. In any case, what you don't find is the truth about loading apps onto SD cards.

Here's the deal: You CAN move apps to SD cards on this tablet. However, that's not always the case. Why? The devs. While Samsung restored what Google removed from Android (App2SD), it's still up to each app's developer to decide how much, if at all, can be moved to an SD Card. Some apps will let you move most data, some just extra files, some nothing at all.

As another user suggested, you can root the tablet and 'hack' it into thinking your SD card is part of your internal memory, therefore allowing you to install anything onto it, BUT I SUGGEST YOU DON'T. SD Cards are not as reliable as you think (unfortunately, that's even more true with newer Samsung devices, where random mounts/remounts of SD Cards seem to be plaguing the user's experience), they're slower than internal memory and apps will perform much better if run from internal rather than external memory, even if emulated as internal.

So there you have it.