Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: 4.4.2 must not be far away

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the Samsung website they are advertising the note 10.1 2014 with the new magazine UI, hopefully its soon , sorry if this had already been mentioned, I just noticed it this morning while looking at the note specs on there

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Note 10.1 2014 4.4.2 must not be far away

Yes, hopefully soon. OEM's have been getting better with updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Looking at the Samsung website they are advertising the note 10.1 2014 with the new magazine UI, hopefully its soon , sorry if this had already been mentioned, I just noticed it this morning while looking at the note specs on there

Can you please send a picture or link of this new magazine iu so I can see what all the fuss is about?
Thanks

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Looking at that video appears to indicate that those features which are now available to a rooted tablet will now become common for kitkat. I am talking about the 4 multi-windows and having more apps available to that function. This would be really cool.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Not to bum us out, but Samsung is NOT advertising the Note 10.1 2014 with the Magazine UX interface. Everything in their sites (I've checked both US and UK) for this model still shows the 'old' TouchWiz. Only the Pro models are being advertised with the new design. Also, the latest 'leak' of confirmed upcoming upgrades to KitKat, unfortunately, didn't include this tablet :(

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Not to bum us out, but Samsung is NOT advertising the Note 10.1 2014 with the Magazine UX interface. Everything in their sites (I've checked both US and UK) for this model still shows the 'old' TouchWiz. Only the Pro models are being advertised with the new design. Also, the latest 'leak' of confirmed upcoming upgrades to KitKat, unfortunately, didn't include this tablet

A lot of mixed messages... if you look at the description of our tablet on the Samsung France site, it does show the Magazine UX under the heading "My Magazine" which as we know is the Flipboard based app that we all have... but the description that I translated describes it to be the actual new Magazine UX with customizable panes. There is still hope for us yet it is a bit unsettling that Samsung has never once mentioned our tablet since the introduction of the new ones, nor mentioned anything about software upgrades. The multi window description still only mentions 2 side by side apps and not 4. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Reading it again,the description might actually refer to the My Magazine app we all have... who knows :confused:

UX.jpg

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Not to bum us out, but Samsung is NOT advertising the Note 10.1 2014 with the Magazine UX interface. Everything in their sites (I've checked both US and UK) for this model still shows the 'old' TouchWiz. Only the Pro models are being advertised with the new design. Also, the latest 'leak' of confirmed upcoming upgrades to KitKat, unfortunately, didn't include this tablet :(

This is from the USA Samsung site where i got it from to begin with, i`d say this is a pretty good advertisement for it. Maybe its going to be a modified version for ours, as you would have no reason to buy a Tab Pro 10.1 for more money than the note when the note has the same specs

Magazine UX.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Guess they don't want to sell the new one to me :p Hahaha The US Site is still showing the 'old' features for me, no matter how many times I hit refresh. I tried it in two other computers as well...

I do hope they update this soon, and as for the Tab Pro, if I'm not mistaken it's got less RAM than ours? And that's without the S-Pen, too...

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Guess they don't want to sell the new one to me :p Hahaha The US Site is still showing the 'old' features for me, no matter how many times I hit refresh. I tried it in two other computers as well...

I do hope they update this soon, and as for the Tab Pro, if I'm not mistaken it's got less RAM than ours? And that's without the S-Pen, too...

think you`re right, i think the tab only has 2gb, and strange how you dont see this on your features, i sent a message to Samsung USA on twitter, see if we get an answer

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Samsung Mobile US ‏@SamsungMobileUS 58s
@AngryEnglishDan Unfortunately, we don't have any information about updates at this time. Thanks for reaching out, Dan! Please check back.
Expand

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I've lost faith to that account hehe When the S4 got its first update, a bunch of us were already receiving it and they were still replying that they didn't have any information on S4 updates ??

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully we will see it soon but Samsung is not known for timely releases or support of devices.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Other than it being on KitKat I do not see the point in anyone buying the tab pro 10.1

Considering that the 16GB versions are the same prices at Best Buy I am right there with you. I have not really used the S pen but I do like having it as an option.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I guess I'm the odd one out. I don't want a magazine UI. Maybe I'm just old school (or just OLD). But I like arrangeable icons on my home screens so I can control where and how they look, for me to be the most productive with it.