Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 8-12 now available at your local Bestbuy.

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Same specs as the 2014. Bigger screen. Lol why carry a 12 inch around. Seems overboard to me. And the price isn't worth it. 600 for this was an arm and a leg already.

Sent from my SM-P600

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried it yesterday, man it is nice. I'd love to have one, a LOT of my tab use is sitting evenings in the lazyboy, wife watching tv, I'm piddling on tablet. Never get on pc anymore.Sold Ipad2 to upgrade. Bought the new 10.1, couldn't quite justify $650 ++ for the 12..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Wife got me a Valentine's present from Bestbuy, so I was there to pick it up.. Went to look at the new 12.2 Pro, and they have it locked to a none-Samsung keyboard, and I cannot handle the 12.2 to get a feel of the size. I had already declared that I wouldn't be moving from the 2014, because size is a biggee factor with me.. However, did want to see how it felt in my hand. Guess what, the loneytune Samsung reps have it locked accessory keyboard, and they wouldn't allow me to handle it. I got so mad, that started to buy one outright, take it out the box play with it, then return it.. With size being a gamechanger either way for most, handling the 12.2 is paramount to selling it..

Still might do it.. :D

Last edited:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I don't feel bad about buying the 10.1 now.
You shouldn't feel bad :)
Gadget lust makes me drool when I see a bigger toy to play with... I know that if I saw it at Best Buy, I would be seized by an irrational urge to take one home... but from a practical point of view, it's just too big to use on public transport, too heavy for extended use in the hand. At that price point and at that size, you are better off with a full on laptop. Love my Note 10.1 and I just hope Samsung shows us some love and gives us 4.4. Mind you, they can keep their Magazine UX, I would rather put together my home screens the way I want them to look. What I do really want is some official OEM accessories... MHL cables, docks, BT keyboards etc. It's been 4 months since this tablet was released so hopefully with the TabPro 10.1 having the same dimensions, we'll start to see some accessories released.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You are not the only one with the "gadget lust". :D This dam thing is just too big!! I calmed my gadget lust when I was in the store to look at the 12.2 by getting a set of Sony MDR 10RBT bluetooth headphones. I tried to make a case to the get the Sony MDR 1RBT, couldn't do it. :D BTW, ths will be my 3rd set of bluetooth headsets that I used with my Notes..

Yes, IMO, the money spent on going to the 12.2 would be better spent on accessories for the 2014. Unless, unless, you are a sure enough power user, and the extra size does not hamper. I would look like a fool pulling out a 12.2 tablet on the subway!! :D :D :D