Which email program is best?

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Brought home a new 10.1 2014 Note yesterday. Spent the evening loading apps. This is my first Android experience after many years with Apple phones and ipads.

I just have one gmail email address to deal with. Right now I have both "Email" and Google Gmail going, they are both active, getting emails. Not too sure how I did that, LOL !

Which one should be better for my light/medium use? And how do I stop or turn the other one off ??

Sorry, android dummy here :D

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i'm in the same boat...lol. I have two gmail accounts that i use (one for personal and one for work) and I have them both synced with the email app and the gmail app but only use the email app. Don't really know since i've only had my note a week which is better but the email app works really good.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Brought home a new 10.1 2014 Note yesterday. Spent the evening loading apps. This is my first Android experience after many years with Apple phones and ipads.

I just have one gmail email address to deal with. Right now I have both "Email" and Google Gmail going, they are both active, getting emails. Not too sure how I did that, LOL !

Which one should be better for my light/medium use? And how do I stop or turn the other one off ??

just go into the settings of the one you don't want to use and delete the account

welcome to the wonderful and fun world of android :)

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering, what were your reasons of picking up a Samsung tablet over say a Nexus 7? I only say that because some people that make the jump from Apple to android seem to choose Samsung. I only let people know about vanilla android products because I, personally, enjoy vanilla android. It really is an awesome experience.

I'm not trying to start a "Google is better than Samsung" feud. Really just wondering. Samsung does make good products, just feel that their UI is.. Eh. But I hope the best for you and your tablet! :)

You could even root your Samsung tab and flash a custom rom to make it feel more vanilllay.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, what were your reasons of picking up a Samsung tablet over say a Nexus 7? I only say that because some people that make the jump from Apple to android seem to choose Samsung. I only let people know about vanilla android products because I, personally, enjoy vanilla android. It really is an awesome experience.

I'm not trying to start a "Google is better than Samsung" feud. Really just wondering. Samsung does make good products, just feel that their UI is.. Eh. But I hope the best for you and your tablet! :)

You could even root your Samsung tab and flash a custom rom to make it feel more vanilllay.

hmm interesting how your answer to an obvious brand new to android user question about choosing an email program was a question about his purchase choice followed by suggesting to root and add a custom rom.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Goodness, there are some of us with a rooting past that no longer root. Not for everyone. As for the difference in tablet choices, bunches of us have preferences based on experience and external input. My first tablet was an Acer A500 followed by the A100 then the Galaxy Note 10.1-12. I purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3-7" and find the tablet to be exceedingly reliable and the interface functional. Functionality without a lot of effort.

Via my Note 3

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
hmm interesting how your answer to an obvious brand new to android user question about choosing an email program was a question about his purchase choice followed by suggesting to root and add a custom rom.

Yes, I did ask those questions. I asked because I wanted to know and truly interested in his reasoning of why. A lot of people that I talk to just getting into the android ecosystem choose a Samsung product and do not particularly like it. I have talked to people who do and that's awesome. But most of those same people who don't like it, don't know about the nexus line or even the difference between different android OS's. They just think android is android.

I was making discussion with the OP.