Hong Kong 2014 edition 4G Galaxy Note 10.1 registration problem

framncru

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new/other Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition 4G Verizon tablet from eBay. It turns out to be a test device from Hong Kong. It is 4G LTE Verizon(unlocked), and working. Samsung won't let me register it. I want to register it. I want to see it on my Samsung account and hopefully get the perks that go with registering a new device. Having a factory warranty would be nice, too, but I've already purchased a warranty that covers accidental damage and mechanical failures, so I'm covered. I've called Samsung, both in the US, and Hong Kong, and I'm not getting anywhere. I've escalated the ticket to upper management 3X. Currently, I'm waiting on a response from Samsung Technical Support. I've been told I can't register this because it is made in another country. That makes no sense to me because all of them are made in South Korea. Samsung is an international company. Hong Kong Samsung told me there is no need to register new devices. I asked "why is there a registration process on your website, then?" The answer: "That is the old way". Can anybody help me get this registered with Samsung? Please, HELP!

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Did the seller from EBay inform potential buyers on this situation? It sounds a tremendous headache for you.. If it were you I'd just send it back.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't help but I sure feel your pain having to deal with Samsung's (non) technical support :( I don't know how their agents sleep at night...sheese!
I have an escalated ticket too. I told the guy that no one will call me back, no one ever does. He promised he would (in two days). I got his name name just in case.
Guess who's not called me back or emailed. That's right, good ol' Jammar! :mad: It's been 5 or 6 days.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought a new/other Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition 4G Verizon tablet from eBay. It turns out to be a test device from Hong Kong. It is 4G LTE Verizon(unlocked), and working. Samsung won't let me register it. I want to register it. I want to see it on my Samsung account and hopefully get the perks that go with registering a new device. Having a factory warranty would be nice, too, but I've already purchased a warranty that covers accidental damage and mechanical failures, so I'm covered. I've called Samsung, both in the US, and Hong Kong, and I'm not getting anywhere. I've escalated the ticket to upper management 3X. Currently, I'm waiting on a response from Samsung Technical Support. I've been told I can't register this because it is made in another country. That makes no sense to me because all of them are made in South Korea. Samsung is an international company. Hong Kong Samsung told me there is no need to register new devices. I asked "why is there a registration process on your website, then?" The answer: "That is the old way". Can anybody help me get this registered with Samsung? Please, HELP!

Does the tablet have Verizon branding on it ? If it's really an unofficial test device, they might not let you register it. If it's the $50 Samsung Hub/$25 Google Play perks you are referring to... as far as I know it's only for tablets bought in the U.S. I'm in Canada and I bought my tablet from ebay as well and could not get any of the perks. Glad to hear that you at least bought the 2 year warranty (assuming it's Square Trade ?) so at least you are covered in case something goes wrong. Hope you raise hell and get your tablet properly registered. Good luck !

framncru

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Did the seller from EBay inform potential buyers on this situation? It sounds a tremendous headache for you.. If it were you I'd just send it back.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

Seller noted this was not yet released. There was no mention of problems registering, or being a test device from HK, though. Despite the difficulty, I like the device, so far. I think I will keep it.

Posted via Android Central App

framncru

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't help but I sure feel your pain having to deal with Samsung's (non) technical support :( I don't know how their agents sleep at night...sheese!
I have an escalated ticket too. I told the guy that no one will call me back, no one ever does. He promised he would (in two days). I got his name name just in case.
Guess who's not called me back or emailed. That's right, good ol' Jammar! :mad: It's been 5 or 6 days.

I'm still waiting, too. I think it's time to call, again.

framncru

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Does the tablet have Verizon branding on it ? If it's really an unofficial test device, they might not let you register it. If it's the $50 Samsung Hub/$25 Google Play perks you are referring to... as far as I know it's only for tablets bought in the U.S. I'm in Canada and I bought my tablet from ebay as well and could not get any of the perks. Glad to hear that you at least bought the 2 year warranty (assuming it's Square Trade ?) so at least you are covered in case something goes wrong. Hope you raise hell and get your tablet properly registered. Good luck !

Yes, Verizon 4G LTE is on the back. Initially I purchased a warranty from Square Trade. When I was reading warranty, I discovered the device was listed as used (which means no accidental damage coverage). I called customer service and asked why my new tablet was listed on my policy as used. I was informed when i entered the eBay item number it showed the device was listex on the sale as New/Other, and anything other than New was essentially Used to them. So, I canceled that policy and bought one from GoCare.com that does offer accidental damage coverage, with a $50 deductible. GoCare will cover your used device, as long as you can show it is working before the policy is approved.

On a side note, before I bought the Square Trade policy, I bought a coupon from eBay that saved me $35 on the policy purchase. It cost $4. If you are going to purchase a Square Trade policy, I recommend searching eBay for the coupon. I sacrificed the $4 when I canceled, but had I stayed I would have saved $31.

xprotomanx

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey framncru I was wondering how that Note 10.1 2014 for Verizon is working with the network?

I've been patiently waiting for an LTE version to be released but am starting to think it will take longer or just not show up with a carrier here in the USA.

Thanks

framncru

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay in response xprotomanx. The tablet is working well in all respects. I had no luck registering, though . oh well