Default programs

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had this tablet for right at a momth now. Is there supposed to be a default programs tab in the task manager? I use Nova, but somehow went back to TW by mistake. When I went to the task manager to make Nova my default home, I noticed its not there like it is on my GN3. Am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with how Samsung's task manager interface works, but you could try a couple other methods:

1. Go to the App Manager and look for the TouchWiz homescreen or launcher app. I'm not sure what it's called, so perhaps someone else with Samsung devices can chime in. It might be called "Homescreen" or "Launcher" or "TouchWiz." Anyway, once you find it, select it and Clear Defaults. Now press the Home button--if you have Nova installed, it should prompt you to choose Nova or TouchWiz as the default whenever you press Home.

2. If you're not sure which app is the TouchWiz launcher, you could always Clear All App Preferences, which usually comes up if you press the Menu button within the App Manager. Keep in mind that clearing all defaults will also re-enable any disabled apps.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had this tablet for right at a momth now. Is there supposed to be a default programs tab in the task manager? I use Nova, but somehow went back to TW by mistake. When I went to the task manager to make Nova my default home, I noticed its not there like it is on my GN3. Am I missing something?

When you open up Nova Settings, you should be able to set it as your default launcher

2014-02-24 03.09.21.jpg

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not familiar with how Samsung's task manager interface works, but you could try a couple other methods:

1. Go to the App Manager and look for the TouchWiz homescreen or launcher app. I'm not sure what it's called, so perhaps someone else with Samsung devices can chime in. It might be called "Homescreen" or "Launcher" or "TouchWiz." Anyway, once you find it, select it and Clear Defaults. Now press the Home button--if you have Nova installed, it should prompt you to choose Nova or TouchWiz as the default whenever you press Home.

2. If you're not sure which app is the TouchWiz launcher, you could always Clear All App Preferences, which usually comes up if you press the Menu button within the App Manager. Keep in mind that clearing all defaults will also re-enable any disabled apps.

Got it. Option 1 was perfect. It's called Touch Wiz Home. Thx!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Charles, That's what I'd originally done. Idk how I kicked out of it, but after I took TW out of dfault, I did this again. Back to normal thank goodess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech